PDA

View Full Version : Again a New Card !

Pages : [1] 2

garikfox
06-18-03, 07:41 PM
Hi peeps got me a better fx5600 by MSI, Go rid of this darned 9500 Pro, I still have it but gonna sell it.

yoladude
06-18-03, 08:00 PM
link? is it ultra? how much ram does it have? wat was wrong wit the 9500?

garikfox
06-18-03, 08:07 PM
9500 is ok, I just want NVIDIA back, thats all , IM sick of ATI and there drivers, NEVER a BETA NEVER, thats bad...

P.s Can I OC this Card the Box says it has a special T.O.P Fan or whatever. BUt i dont want too ruin it cuz im still learning here on my FX.

faraday
06-18-03, 08:20 PM
As far as i know MSI doesnt have any ultra's ... can check their site thou.

Please share with us your toughts about it. I too have a 9500 non pro 64 mb and was thinking about changing to a 5600 , mostly because I also like DVC alot :afro2:
Exactly what radeon u had b4? Whats the 3d quality diferences? 2d? are you happy with it? :D

ChrisW
06-18-03, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by garikfox
IM sick of ATI and there drivers, NEVER a BETA NEVER, thats bad...
Let me get this straight: You got rid of the 9500 because ATI does not release beta drivers? I mean, they release a new WHQL certified driver every six weeks. :confused:

garikfox
06-18-03, 08:36 PM
yes i went too nvidia cuz there drivers and better performance for nForce2 chipset's. :)

creedamd
06-18-03, 09:11 PM
yes i went too nvidia cuz there drivers and better performance for nForce2 chipset's. :)

who has been telling you this... get a rope boys! How much do you want for that 9500pro.. being it's crapola, I am sure you'll part real cheap right??

stncttr908
06-18-03, 09:25 PM
Die devil! I want it. :D

garikfox
06-18-03, 09:45 PM
Well, MY exp. only and yes its true.

garikfox
06-18-03, 09:46 PM
My 9500 Pro is now on thee selling block, lol

creedamd
06-18-03, 10:24 PM
My 9500 Pro is now on thee selling block, lol

how much?

solofly
06-18-03, 10:38 PM
Hi peeps got me a better fx5600 by MSI, Go rid of this darned 9500 Pro, I still have it but gonna sell it.

Dude, you switched to nVidia and I bought an Ati... Do you remember when you said to me, nVidia sux...;) (better not say anything at amdmb:p)

Hellbinder
06-18-03, 10:52 PM
Un no... ATi product perform Fantastic on NForce/Nforce 2 chipsets. Maybe you should have looked at this First as just one example

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/msi_geforce_fx5900-td128_review/page6.asp
A quote from the Article

After countless hours troubleshooting the 875P/RADEON combination with CATALYST 3.4 with no success, we finally decided to try an nForce2 setup. Voila, the RADEON scores jumped significantly! As you can see, the RADEON cards put up a strong fight at low resolutions, although admittedly even the archaic GeForce4 Ti 4200 is able to keep up with all of the latest DX9 cards. Once we crank the screen res up however, the CPU becomes less of a limiting factor and we see the two GeForce FX Ultra cards slowly make their way up the ranks. By 1600x1200 the fill rate advantage the enjoy allows them to take the top three positions, with GeForce FX 5900 Ultra at the top of the heap.

In fact the Radeons outperform/Match even Nvidias nop of the line when both are running on Nforce2. (with lower core speeds to boot)

Besides which i just cant believe you traded in a 9500pro for a 5600 NON ULTRA??? I mean come on. Its not even nearly as fast, Then the Drivers are Forced to FP16 no matter what, lesser Quality AA.. I just dont get it..

All supposedly for this??

IM sick of ATI and there drivers, NEVER a BETA NEVER, thats bad...

No beta Drivers released ever and so you buy a SLOWER, less Dx9 Capable Video card??

This just tops it off...

Do you remember when you said to me, nVidia sux... (better not say anything at amdmb)

I mean.. I just dont see the logic at all. Especially with all the new reviews showing that Nvidia products perform worse in real game conditions. I mean, I could understand it if you got a 5900, heck even a 5600 Ultra.. But this makes no sense at all. Then to say ATi drivers suck because no betas are leaked.. and that makes them bad.. :rolleyes:

I myself am buying an GFFx 5200 in a few days. Its for my second computer and i want to check it out. But ... To replace a 9500pro with a 5600 vinella... Just hard to believe.

DSC
06-18-03, 10:57 PM
Hellbinder,

Please please avoid the 4 memory chip/64bit FX5200. :eek:

It's gonna be worse than your Kyro2 imho.

garikfox
06-19-03, 01:21 AM
Ohh my solofly CAUGHT me in action, well, My ati has been hell lately after my dumd arse OC it with my own HARD BIOS, Yep im dumb, lol.

9500Pro still wrks BUT im getting greedy lately with drivers.

zakelwe
06-19-03, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder

I myself am buying an GFFx 5200 in a few days. Its for my second computer and i want to check it out. But ... To replace a 9500pro with a 5600 vinella... Just hard to believe. [/B]

Hi Hellbinder,

If you are getting a 5200 I would really recommend the Ultra version if you can afford it because of the far faster 2.8ns memory on board, rather than 6ns, 5ns or 4ns for the 5200.

I have a Creative / MSI 5200U and the memory came clocked at default 650Mhz, but it runs at 750Mhz without any artifacts. At that sort of speed you can quite high IQ at a lower resolution ( 1024x768 or 800 x 600 ) rather than not much IQ at similar resolutions on the normal 5200. My core went up to 380Mhz so this is quite a nice boost as well, if not quite on par how much a 9600 Pro might overclock.

Of course I might have been lucky, but MSI tend to make fairly overclockable cards.

Regards

Andy

garikfox
06-19-03, 02:02 AM
He WAY right Ultra anyhting FX.

muzz
06-19-03, 07:35 AM

I NEVER had a problem with ATi on NF2 chipsets g.......
They work like a charm together. I personally wouldn't call it "better", but thats just me.
Enjoy your card man.

EMunEeE
06-19-03, 09:11 AM
... Yep im dumb, lol....

:D Agree!

GlowStick
06-19-03, 10:04 AM
9500 is ok, I just want NVIDIA back, thats all , IM sick of ATI and there drivers, NEVER a BETA NEVER, thats bad...

This point is completely valid. ATi's offical drivers suck compared to nvidias, espically for compatability, only with games of course, not benchmarks. But the point is, if the masses gets some beta cat's, my god, it will be a disaster for ATi.

Beta's are known for being alot less stable than releases, just think of all the chaos...............

Kev1
06-19-03, 10:57 AM
You bought an ATI card? Which one? How do you like it?

creedamd
06-19-03, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Kev1
You bought an ATI card? Which one? How do you like it?

He actually sounds like an nvidia employee that is using ati. He is busting to say he loves it but can't. :p

Filburt
06-19-03, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
This point is completely valid. ATi's offical drivers suck compared to nvidias, espically for compatability, only with games of course, not benchmarks. But the point is, if the masses gets some beta cat's, my god, it will be a disaster for ATi.

Beta's are known for being alot less stable than releases, just think of all the chaos...............

Whoa...am I in a time warp or something? Or are you simply locked in the past?

Thanks for the bit of nostalgia. Last I checked...nVidia's driver quality hasn't exactly been stellar. Certainly amusing commentary...but those sorts of statements just aren't going to stand anymore.

By the way, I'm in the Catalyst beta program...the drivers are certainly beta (as one would expect), but all in all they run quite well. I haven't noticed my 9000 Pro or my friend's 8500 running any poorer than my other friend's Ti4200. I *did* notice, however, them showing fewer artefacts...and better overall image quality.

Sidenote: I run my card on an nForce2 and it works fine. I would say, however, that my radeon has better drivers than my NF2 board :/.

EMunEeE
06-19-03, 12:29 PM
I have to reiterate this to everyone. ATi drivers are as solid as any solid drivers on the market if not the BEST...haha. They actually make you feel good to own ATi cause you'll new drivers every 6...oh now its every FOUR weeks:D . If nVIDIA had the same commitment then they would not be in the trouble they are today.

GlowStick
06-19-03, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by $E Mun$
I have to reiterate this to everyone. ATi drivers are as solid as any solid drivers on the market if not the BEST...haha. They actually make you feel good to own ATi cause you'll new drivers every 6...oh now its every FOUR weeks:D . If nVIDIA had the same commitment then they would not be in the trouble they are today.

RalliSport challange has never worked with out stuttering. 3.2 3.4 and 3.5beta