PDA

View Full Version : Rig I might get in next 6 months

Pages : [1] 2

jkmetal
07-18-09, 08:21 AM
First link (http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view)

I'm reusing everything but cpu mobo and gpu. Thought's? I'm going quad for gta 4 but if its playable on a dual then i might stay dual.

CaptNKILL
07-18-09, 12:27 PM
Wow... that's kind of creepy.

That's identical to the rig I just put together on newegg yesterday. :lol:

I don't have the money for a full upgrade any time soon though, so I'll probably wait till PCI-E 3.0 and SATA 6Gbit are available. I'm hoping to see them both available at the beginning of next year. SSD prices should be much lower by then and there should be some new features in place to make using them much more reliable (such as the Trim feature in Windows 7).

I think my current system still has a ton of life in it thanks to the overclock. I'll hopefully be throwing a GT300 in here toward the end of the year. I may also add a Q9550 if I can find one for cheap. :p

betterdan
07-18-09, 12:42 PM
Cheap Q9550? Try here http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0299412

CaptNKILL
07-18-09, 01:19 PM
Cheap Q9550? Try here http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0299412

I don't live anywhere near a microcenter though.

That price is in store only. :(

If someone wants to buy me one though, I'll pay you back. :p

nekrosoft13
07-18-09, 01:45 PM
I don't live anywhere near a microcenter though.

That price is in store only. :(

If someone wants to buy me one though, I'll pay you back. :p

if you willing to pay for tax + shipping i could do it.

but right now in my MC they are out of stock

Out of Stock
at Chicagoland/Westmont

nekrosoft13
07-18-09, 01:46 PM
First link (http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view)

I'm reusing everything but cpu mobo and gpu. Thought's? I'm going quad for gta 4 but if its playable on a dual then i might stay dual.

posting link to shopping cart doesn't work, everyone that will click will see the last thing they put in the cart, not what you put.

CaptNKILL
07-18-09, 01:54 PM
posting link to shopping cart doesn't work, everyone that will click will see the last thing they put in the cart, not what you put.

Ohhh...

That would explain why I saw the same exact thing I put into my cart yesterday... LMAO :rofl

Me = :retard:

CaptNKILL
07-18-09, 01:56 PM
if you willing to pay for tax + shipping i could do it.

but right now in my MC they are out of stock

If they come back in stock some time soon I may have to take you up on that offer.

Unless there is a specific stepping of Q9550 that I should be looking for?

nekrosoft13
07-18-09, 02:02 PM
if you want me to get you one, look out at Chicagoland/Westmont location.

XDanger
07-18-09, 03:52 PM
Ohhh...

That would explain why I saw the same exact thing I put into my cart yesterday... LMAO :rofl

Spoooky :lol:

I feel like such an idiot for buying this Q6700 when I could have had a Q9550 for the same price

betterdan
07-18-09, 07:04 PM
If they come back in stock some time soon I may have to take you up on that offer.

Unless there is a specific stepping of Q9550 that I should be looking for?

The E0 is the better one.

Mr Bigman
07-18-09, 07:17 PM
I envy those now getting this cpu and that guy in the other thread who done an AMD 955 rig.

I know i have an I7 at 3.33ghz, am i missing anything cuz they look cool and that amd rig ois sweet wih the 4950.

betterdan
07-18-09, 07:31 PM
Bigman, I am pretty sure the Q9550 cpu and the AMD ones perform better with spelling and grammar checkers. So the answer to your question is, yes you are missing something.

jkmetal
07-18-09, 07:31 PM
lol ok

anyway i'm looking at an am3 board, amd 940 @ 3.0 and asus 260gtx 216.

although, thanks to betterdan i might get that intel processor.

rage10
07-20-09, 06:16 PM
hey capt, the q9550s are in stock at the microcenter near me, in Paterson. Ill buy you one if you want. PM if interested. I know for a fact that they have the E0 revision there.

ViN86
07-20-09, 07:30 PM
Ohhh...

:rofl

"D00d d475 X4c7l33 wh47 3y3 h4D 1n m4i c4|27!!!!!!!1111111111"

hahaha gotta love the CaptN :D

methimpikehoses
07-20-09, 07:38 PM
:rofl

Woodelf
08-03-09, 06:51 PM
Wow... that's kind of creepy.

That's identical to the rig I just put together on newegg yesterday. :lol:

I don't have the money for a full upgrade any time soon though, so I'll probably wait till PCI-E 3.0 and SATA 6Gbit are available. I'm hoping to see them both available at the beginning of next year. SSD prices should be much lower by then and there should be some new features in place to make using them much more reliable (such as the Trim feature in Windows 7).

I think my current system still has a ton of life in it thanks to the overclock. I'll hopefully be throwing a GT300 in here toward the end of the year. I may also add a Q9550 if I can find one for cheap. :p

That's beyond creepy, cause I have that in my shopping cart. I clicked on his link after reading what you said, thinking Naw.. and sure as hLL.
I was looking for a good cheap tri sli board to overclock that would still fit my xfi card.
Lots of good cheap memory and a good cheap cpu. I'm debatiing on the cooler still, so didn't add it.
There's whitchery here, i tell ya.

Woodelf
08-03-09, 06:54 PM
Ok, Im the latest dumb a$$. I'm turning off this POS and finding another hobby. LOL.

bob saget
08-03-09, 06:56 PM
Ok, Im the latest dumb a$$. I'm turning off this POS and finding another hobby. LOL.

I suggest basket weaving. Some of the mamasitas at those places are woof woof.

Woodelf
08-03-09, 06:59 PM
Yea, I tend to read as far (sometimes) as my wife looks down the road while driving.

Woodelf
08-03-09, 07:05 PM
I suggest basket weaving. Some of the mamasitas at those places are woof woof.

Actually your 920, the board and almost the memory were what were in my cart.

:afraid:Now that's real wichery!!!

betterdan
08-03-09, 07:14 PM
:rofl this thread is cracking me up. I wonder how many more people it will trick with that link?

bob saget
08-03-09, 07:45 PM
:rofl this thread is cracking me up. I wonder how many more people it will trick with that link?

i have cookies disabled, so i fail at the failure.

betterdan
08-03-09, 10:31 PM
I haven't had a cookie in months you bastage, thanks for tempting me. mmmm cookies