PDA

View Full Version : My Sound Cards Are Noisy!

musman
07-20-09, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I purchased some studio monitors for my PC speakers, they are KRK Rokit8. I was using the on board audio chip on my DFI X58 T3H6 motherboard & I have also installed my Soundblaster Audigy SE sound card in hopes of getting rid on this all the noise both chips make. When I open programs I get squealing and all kinds of strange noises from my speakers. I never noticed it mush on my old Infinity speakers bout these KRK speakers are not you're average computer speaker. Is the only way to get around this is a higher quality sound card? Or does anyone know of a fix for this?

If I need to buy a new sound card what cards are good? It will be used as a two channel system, maybe a sub woofer down the line. I really do not do any sound editing or recording so...it will be mostly used for games and listing to music. I'm an audiophile who has multiple hi end speakers in my home from B&W, Magnapan, Martin Logan & some custom built speakers. All I want is the best sound I can get out of these KRK speakers without all this noise. I know next to nothing about PC sound cards. So any help would me most appreciated.

Thank You!

CaptNKILL
07-20-09, 11:26 AM
I would try relocating the card to a different PCI slot first.

I had noise issues with my X-Fi when I put in an external SATA back-plate right underneath it. I think the power wire caused interference with the card's analog outputs.

I moved it and the noise went away.

musman
07-20-09, 12:34 PM
I would try relocating the card to a different PCI slot first.

I had noise issues with my X-Fi when I put in an external SATA back-plate right underneath it. I think the power wire caused interference with the card's analog outputs.

I moved it and the noise went away.

Unfortunately I do not have another slot to put it in.

TheBigOne
07-20-09, 10:00 PM
What kind of PSU are you using, and how many devices are you plugin on on the wall on that circuit?

Better to uses a good soundcard, like x-fi prelude better caps on card and good powersupply, also using a power conditioner helps. "But if you have to many electronics on the same circuit will cause problems"

Have a Denon 5803 which does 280w/ch at 4ohm load had problem with noises fix the problem by running the computer and amp on separate circuits. Been using three separate lines in that one room alone one is dedicated to just for the amp and other to computer and monitors and everything else on a different circuit and using the power conditioner on the computer, get no noise at all is very clear.

bacon12
07-21-09, 06:53 AM
Do you have a sound card with an emi shield on it? I have had this issue before with onboard, and cheap cards. It is most likely as Capt said.