PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G9 and L4D [SOLVED]

DiscipleDOC
07-20-09, 12:38 PM
How come my side buttons don't work in L4D? I got them programmed to go back and forward (just like my g5), and the two sides still don't work.

Any ideas?

CaptNKILL
07-20-09, 12:55 PM
Is setpoint installed and up to date?

DiscipleDOC
07-20-09, 01:16 PM
Is setpoint installed and up to date?

Yes it is. I installed it when I got the new mouse. Do you think this has anything to do with my 64bit o/s?

betterdan
07-20-09, 01:52 PM
Do you have the check box checked where it says "Game Detection" and then the other box checked that says "Keep keypress button assignments"?

DiscipleDOC
07-20-09, 04:06 PM
Do you have the check box checked where it says "Game Detection" and then the other box checked that says "Keep keypress button assignments"?

I'll check when I get home. What should I do if it is like this?

betterdan
07-20-09, 04:29 PM
If it is like that then leave it alone. It just detects when you are playing a game and it leaves your buttons assigned like you had it programmed. If it is unchecked it loses your button assignments in games.

Mr Bigman
07-20-09, 09:48 PM
I had this same issue with those buttons.

I made sure i was using the exact G9 software setpoint not the other ones for all the other mice and i used a general settings for back and forth on the side buttons with no custom profile needed so all games or apps use the setting i pick as default like the dpi on this thing which is so awesome .

DiscipleDOC
07-21-09, 12:35 PM
Ok...I checked to see if I could find "Game Detection, and I did not see that option anywhere in the SetPoint application. What am I missing?

I had this same issue with those buttons.

I made sure i was using the exact G9 software setpoint not the other ones for all the other mice and i used a general settings for back and forth on the side buttons with no custom profile needed so all games or apps use the setting i pick as default like the dpi on this thing which is so awesome .

When I get back home from work, I will uninstall and reinstall the software.

Mr Bigman
07-21-09, 12:39 PM
I couldn't figure out why the G9 has its own version of the setpoint but you should be good.

More macro support and better cusomized features too with the 5.0 one.

DiscipleDOC
07-22-09, 09:37 PM
This is still not working. I've uninstalled the Logitech drivers and reinstalled them, and I'm still not able to use the side buttons.

Mr Bigman
07-22-09, 09:56 PM
make sure your HD device is updted in device manager and av software isn't blocking it from udating too but it should work with the G9 software on logitech.

WOrks good for me and i can even change colors on the mouse itself too and play witht eh dpi settings.

good luck and hope you get it working so you can kick some ass in gaming sahw.

DiscipleDOC
07-22-09, 09:59 PM
it's not working for my games. It works for every thing else.

jolle
07-23-09, 05:42 AM
Are they set to Generic button or specificly back and forward?
I think mine are set to generic by default and that picks them up as mouse4 and mouse5 (or something) in L4D, TF2 etc.. well every game I can think of that I tried it with. (and still work as Back and Forward in other programs)

if all else fails you can make a profile that is activated when a certain .exe file launches.
Ive done this for a program called MotionBuilder, and set the buttons to F5 and F6 which I use often there, but cant bind to mouse buttons in the program.
It then reverts back to the default profile when Im not in the program, I even stored that profile in the mouse aswell.

DiscipleDOC
07-23-09, 08:39 PM
Are they set to Generic button or specificly back and forward?
I think mine are set to generic by default and that picks them up as mouse4 and mouse5 (or something) in L4D, TF2 etc.. well every game I can think of that I tried it with. (and still work as Back and Forward in other programs)

if all else fails you can make a profile that is activated when a certain .exe file launches.
Ive done this for a program called MotionBuilder, and set the buttons to F5 and F6 which I use often there, but cant bind to mouse buttons in the program.
It then reverts back to the default profile when Im not in the program, I even stored that profile in the mouse aswell.

Yup. That's what it was. Thanks. ;)

Mr Bigman
07-23-09, 11:12 PM
Glad you got it working shaw.

Thats the default and when you customize those you can point to the option you desire for the side buttons.

grey_1
07-25-09, 10:03 AM
Yup. That's what it was. Thanks. ;)

So you aren't going to shoot me anymore? :bleh:

DiscipleDOC
07-25-09, 12:00 PM
So you aren't going to shoot me anymore? :bleh:
Can't promise that....

grey_1
07-26-09, 11:04 AM
Can't promise that....

Good thing you didn't promise....

*goes back to picking buckshot out of tail*

DiscipleDOC
07-27-09, 10:24 AM
Good thing you didn't promise....

*goes back to picking buckshot out of tail*

Was last night payback? I remember distinctly getting shot TWICE, and one time you turned around and started shooting me! :rofl

grey_1
07-27-09, 10:26 AM
Was last night payback? I remember distinctly getting shot TWICE, and one time you turned around and started shooting me! :rofl

LOL! I think we were ALL a bit off last night :D

My own brother shot me right in the back because he thought I was a smoker.

Good game last night, some good laughs. :p I still can't believe you had one foot in the escape vehicle and still got denied...I couldn't stop laughing!

DiscipleDOC
07-27-09, 10:28 AM
LOL! I think we were ALL a bit off last night :D

My own brother shot me right in the back because he thought I was a smoker.

Good game last night, some good laughs. :p I still can't believe you had one foot in the escape vehicle and still got denied...I couldn't stop laughing!

That was TOO funny. I didn't even hear that blasted tank coming, and next thing I knew, I was getting clubbed from behind. DENIED!!!!

:rofl

Yea, it was a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

grey_1
07-27-09, 10:54 AM
That was TOO funny. I didn't even hear that blasted tank coming, and next thing I knew, I was getting clubbed from behind. DENIED!!!!

:rofl

Yea, it was a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

More soon :)

DiscipleDOC
07-27-09, 11:00 AM
More soon :)

More buck shots in the back of the head?!?

PASS. :captnkill: