PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 10

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
07-27-09, 05:08 PM
I'm not a fan of sports games at all, but wtf is this crap :wtf:

http://i28.tinypic.com/a2zv3p.jpg

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=64631

Is this how sports games look like in 2009 ???!!

oh and say no to racism :bleh:

|MaguS|
07-27-09, 05:35 PM
Looks like EA is still porting the PS2 versions to the PC. The PS3/X360 versions look awesome.

Bman212121
07-27-09, 06:52 PM

LOL!!! I just noticed the sign in the background.

Logical
07-27-09, 07:29 PM
Looks like i will be purchasing PES 2010 this year...

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/195/959292_20090715_screen004.jpg

Gameplay has always been far better on PES than Fifa anyway not that i want to turn this thread into a fifa v PES thread. Its a known thing that PC owners are better off with PES.

|MaguS|
07-27-09, 09:15 PM
Gameplay has always been far better on PES than Fifa anyway not that i want to turn this thread into a fifa v PES thread. Its a known thing that PC owners are better off with PES.

Yet Fifa outsells it 3:1 every year and reviews usually say Fifa has become a better game in the recent years.

nekrosoft13
07-27-09, 09:23 PM
Looks like i will be purchasing PES 2010 this year...

i would, if Konami would get a FIFA license

stefan9
07-28-09, 06:24 AM
i would, if Konami would get a FIFA license

They have the champions league license now.

Anyway EA's reason why we pc gamers gets shunned is because only 10% of us can run the console version.:thumbdwn:

Will be pes again for me this year.

Previous News | Next News
[Tips N4G about this story]

PS3 and Xbox 360 with better graphics
FIFA 10: PC graphics not on console level
As the developers announced at the Community Day in Vancouver FIFA 10 will - like its predecessor - come to the PC without graphical enhancements.
FIFA 10 is coming without Next-Gen graphics to the PC (23)

FIFA 10 is coming without Next-Gen graphics to the PC (23) [Source: view picture gallery]
New information about EA's FIFA 10 - unfortunately it's no good news for PC gamers: In FIFA 10 there won't be Next-Gen graphics for the PC - just like it has been the case when FIFA 09 was released. This is what FIFA Soccer Blog learned during an interview at the Community Day in Vancouver.

According to the developers only ten percent of the FIFA gamers would have a PC that is fast enough to run the game with Next-Gen graphics - so EA would have to suffer the loss of sales volumes. The calculations are based on worldwide data so local differences are not taken into account.

But EA wants to improve the gameplay of the FIFA 10 PC version: among other features there will be an updated collision system as well as better animations for goal keepers and audience. Furthermore each team is said to receive an appropriate offensive and defensive orientation along with improved player switching.

FIFA 10 is scheduled for release in fall 2009 and EA has published new FIFA 10 screenshots at the E3.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,687915/FIFA-10-PC-graphics-not-on-console-level/News/

K007
07-28-09, 07:15 AM
y even waste money/bother...releaseing or buying this..

|MaguS|
07-28-09, 08:03 AM
y even waste money/bother...releaseing or buying this..

Because FIFA is the best selling sports game in the world maybe?

As for EAs excuse, you slackers need to get better PCs. :p

Retrolock
07-28-09, 10:50 AM
If Football wasn't the sport of almost all nations, EA wouldn't even bother releasing this crap on the PC. See: Madden and NBA Live.

Logical
07-28-09, 10:54 AM
Because FIFA is the best selling sports game in the world maybe?

As for EAs excuse, you slackers need to get better PCs. :p

Why would we need better PC's to run a PS2 port or a PS3 port for that matter ?

Fifa has a massive promotion and advertising scheme behind it wereas PES doesnt thats why FIFA sells more. A lot of it comes down to personal taste but for me PES owns FIFA every way possible, cept for the official liscense of course.

Oh did i mention that PES is developed for the PC then ported to console. :)

stefan9
07-28-09, 03:30 PM
I have always preferred pes, the licensing doesn't bother me since my side has been licensed in the game for a while now.

npras42
07-28-09, 03:34 PM

The "Say No To Racism" is a real FIFA scheme and they really have those boards up at football matches.

Its probably not as big of a deal in American sports but racism is a big deal in many sports.

XDanger
07-29-09, 08:49 AM
FIFA's a real football fing so better duhhh...

Cash cows requiring nothing new to sell well and its been like that for over 10 years.

Of course the people who buy them don't care that much so let them buy the crap that's relatively cheap to produce if it helps fund some more worthy projects.

Its like the publishers regular income they don't really have to work that hard for.

Football games are definitely better suited to consoles anyway.

|MaguS|
07-29-09, 08:51 AM
Fifa has changed alot over the years, the early 2000 versions were horrible. It's only become better then PES in the last 3 years or so.

XDanger
07-29-09, 11:40 AM
Football games are definitely better suited to consoles anyway

Unless they bring out a full multiplayer football game (not just 1 on 1), That would be pretty cool.

Or incredibly boring depending.

Still you would be able to have actual online leagues and such that way

The manager sim crowd would be able to get involved obviously also.

Now THAT would be realism.

nekrosoft13
07-29-09, 12:49 PM
Unless they bring out a full multiplayer football game (not just 1 on 1), That would be pretty cool.

not sure if that would work, everyone would be running after ball, 22 people on the field would be chaos

npras42
07-29-09, 01:30 PM
You can already do this in FIFA 09! I don't know about the PC version but you can on consoles.

Albo
07-29-09, 10:37 PM
So is this thread supposed to show that the Fifa 10 textures/ skins look like crap?

Sgt_Pitt
07-29-09, 11:28 PM
A couple of crappy screenshots doesnt mean anything, fifa on the pc looked like that 5 years ago, plus i highly doubt those screens are in high quality.

Even if they are who cares, lol its soccer :P

There's only 1 real football, and thats Aussie rules :)

-BOzQwj4fSE

XDanger
07-30-09, 07:50 AM
There's only 1 real football, and thats Aussie rules :)

NICE ,Has anyone died yet? (5:23 lol)

Maybe they should rename it "footface"...

not sure if that would work, everyone would be running after ball, 22 people on the field would be chaos

That would be the newbs

There could be restrictions in place for them though.

You can already do this in FIFA 09! I don't know about the PC version but you can on consoles.

The "Be A Pro" mode of the game has also been improved. On the PC, Xbox360, and PS3 version, the user can now play four seasons as a single player. The PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles also allow the player to change clubs, and play for his national team, depending on their performance. This feature is not present in the PC version.

So you are a single player in a multiplayer game where everyone else is also a single player?

stefan9
08-01-09, 12:07 PM
Fifa has changed alot over the years, the early 2000 versions were horrible. It's only become better then PES in the last 3 years or so.

Depends which version you are talking about. The PS3 and xbox 360 version has improved a lot but pc version hasn't changed much from the early 2000's.

So you are a single player in a multiplayer game where everyone else is also a single player?

4 seasons seems rather limited. I did 5 seasons with pes 2009's version of be a pro, I think they call it be a legend. Could also switch club every season. Also progressed to the national team. That was in the pc version.

|MaguS|
09-09-09, 08:55 AM
Demo coming next week for all platform!

|MaguS|
09-09-09, 09:42 AM
Meh them I will download it off the euro psn. :p

nekrosoft13
09-09-09, 10:22 AM
recently i downloaded some unofficial patch for fifa 2009 it was about 5gb. haven't tried it yet

Mod Description:
* About 950 faces by Jackson, FCK93 & TeneCee (all FIFADome), woomar (FIFA 4 FANS), ValSidalv21, Walter Junior, maradonalopez, coxlenox, Santups18, mat_t, YoYoCena, JaviSvMusic, Hannes, sebas, Stankan (all Soccer Gaming), dominiklut, gostek15, walczu (FIFASite), Tosi, EddieGuerrero, AC12 (all FifaMania), etc.
* More than 14800 minifaces by FCP 1912, ATSV, Baresi, Sandro (all FIFA 4 FANS), Schnix19 (FIFADome), etc.
* Completely new gameplay (Apollox Realistic Gameplay v1.5.5 update 1)
* Additional gameplays to switch fast by Apollox (FIFA 4 FANS), AC12 (FifaMania), Onsche (Fifaplanet)
* 75 new sponsors for the career mode by Apollox (FIFA 4 FANS)
* 21 new trainer faces for the career mode
* 580 new team banners by fifa_freak, ATSV (booth FIFA 4 FANS), SGD Fan (Fifaplanet), BTSVPrinzessin (FIFADome), Soccer Gaming editiers, etc.
* 1260 new mini kits by BTSVPrinzessin, Boller, vasoldi, fcafreak (all FIFADome), FIFA 4 FANS, Soccer Gaming editiers, etc.
* More than 120 new trophy images by Apollox, Rapidfan (booth FIFA 4 FANS), SGD Fan (Fifaplanet), gigis1, Outsider87 (booth FifaMania), etc.
* About 1000 new team logos for the menu by Gazunio (FIFA Polonia), fifa_freak, FCP 1912, ATSV (all FIFA 4 FANS), Baresi (Fifaediting), etc.
* About 1000 new team logos for the matches by Gazunio (FIFA Polonia), fifa_freak, ATSV (all FIFA 4 FANS), etc.
* More than 60 new league logos by Gazunio (FIFA Polonia), fifa_freak, ATSV (all FIFA 4 FANS), etc.
* About 350 new teams (about 1000 teams altogether) by FIFA 4 FANS, FifaMexico, FIFADome, Soccer Gaming editiers, Croatian FIFA Centar, BFL Team, FIFA Baltic, Greek Super Patch, MSL 4 FIFA, FIFA Serbia Online, FIFARomania, etc.
* 26 new leagues by FIFA 4 FANS, FifaMexico, FIFADome, Soccer Gaming editiers, Croatian FIFA Centar, BFL Team, FIFA Baltic, Greek Super Patch, MSL 4 FIFA, FIFA Serbia Online, FIFARomania, etc.
* 28 new tournaments by FIFA 4 FANS, FifaMexico, FIFADome, Soccer Gaming editiers, Croatian FIFA Centar, BFL Team, FIFA Baltic, Greek Super Patch, MSL 4 FIFA, FIFA Serbia Online, FIFARomania, etc.
* 9 revised tournaments by Apollox (FIFA 4 FANS)
* and many more