PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Downloading Demos for someone else

Hambone
07-28-09, 05:37 PM
Can I log into the PS Store with my account information (on "user 1" of a brand new system) to download a bunch of demos, and then erase any trace of my PS Store account information like it was never there (back to basic "user 1" but with demos installed).

I've never tried this before - thanks for any tips.

NarcissistZero
07-28-09, 06:19 PM
Yes.

If you download real games you will lose one of your activations (PS3 games work like SecuROM).

|MaguS|
07-28-09, 06:21 PM
Wait... why do that if your just downloading demos? Why not just log into their own account? Demos are free...

NarcissistZero
07-28-09, 07:19 PM
That's why I assumed he actually meant games, and didn't want to sound like a REALLY BAD PERSON *SMACK*SMACK*...

Hambone
07-30-09, 05:41 PM
Ha - I guess it looked like I was being sneaky. Thanks.

Actually, I'm giving a family memeber a PS3 loaded with a bunch of digitize home movies as a proper way to deal with a large number of them (no disk switching, searching, etc).

I'm not sure if it will be connected to a network in their house, and before I repack it I just wanted to put some game demos (something on it) so if they wanted to, they could see what a current generation console game looks like. I totally forgot about the ability to have multiple copies of paid for games. I think the limit was 5? Anyway, I just want sure this PS3 I'm dumping out in the wild doesn't have anything about my own account left on it.

NarcissistZero
07-30-09, 06:54 PM
Yeah, should work fine.

And yeah, the limit is 5, though some games have tougher DRM like Warhawk and Burnout... I think you have to be signed in for those, like on Xbox.

SilentMercury
07-31-09, 01:21 PM
That's why I assumed he actually meant games, and didn't want to sound like a REALLY BAD PERSON *SMACK*SMACK*...

LMAO