PDA

View Full Version : Code 10 on 9500GT

holoman
08-03-09, 02:51 PM
Hi!

I have a brand new 9500GT card. When I install the driver from the nVidia home page the card works great. I can run heavy load on it for hours. But every time I reboot the computer it comes up with the following error message: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" The only way to get going again is to reinstall the driver. Then the card works perfectly again.

On the nVidia web pages there is a reference to this, saying that I should enable "Assign IRQ to VGA" in my BIOS. But I don't have that option in my BIOS. Gigabyte i915g card. I have disabled all the devices I can in the BIOS to try to get IRQ's available, but it has not helped.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

holoman

CaptNKILL
08-03-09, 03:07 PM
If you can, try moving any PCI or PCI-E cards you have installed to different slots.

holoman
08-03-09, 03:24 PM
If you can, try moving any PCI or PCI-E cards you have installed to different slots.

Unfortunately I have not got any other cards. The only slot I use is the single 16x PCI-E slot for the 9500GT card.

The 9500GT card gets IRQ 16 when I install the driver. Not sure if that information helps anything.

Regards,

holoman

holoman
08-05-09, 01:55 PM
Hi!

I have now tried the XBMC live CD on my box. Everything works perfectly, the system comes up with correct resolution and accelerated graphics.

Thus I conclude that the hardware is indeed working.

The problem must then be with the XP driver. I have tried every driver downloadable from nVidia, but none of the managed to survive a reboot.

Any way to fix this (presumably IRQ) problem?

Regards,

holoman

Absolution
08-06-09, 01:18 AM
Hi!

I have now tried the XBMC live CD on my box. Everything works perfectly, the system comes up with correct resolution and accelerated graphics.

Thus I conclude that the hardware is indeed working.

The problem must then be with the XP driver. I have tried every driver downloadable from nVidia, but none of the managed to survive a reboot.

Any way to fix this (presumably IRQ) problem?

Regards,

holoman

I hate suggesting this, but IRQ problems are best solved with a clean install of windows =/ - specifically since you said you have no more add-in cards to remove.

You can try going to %windir%\system32\msinfo32.exe and seeing specifically what is sharing an IRQ assignment with your video card and go from there.

holoman
08-09-09, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the help.

I gave in and re-installed Windows. That did the trick.

Regards,

holoman