PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keyboards

seeker
08-04-09, 10:47 AM
I would like to replace my PS2 keyboard with a wireless one, but I already have a MS wireless keyboard that I rarely use, because it apparently is not recognized by the BIOS, and it can't access the BIOS. Is this true of all wireless keyboards, or is it just a quirk of my particular motherboard?

Revs
08-04-09, 11:07 AM
Is there an option in your BIOS called 'Legacy USB Support'. If so, make sure it's on :)

seeker
08-04-09, 11:24 AM
I think that I have it enabled, but I will check it again...after the movie that I'm watching ends.

seeker
08-04-09, 12:00 PM
As I thought, Legacy USB was already enabled, but now entering the BIOS with the wireless keyboard works. Memory being what it is (mine), the problem may have been with the MB that I replaced this one with.

However, after using the wireless keyboard to boot, the system wasn't accepting any input from the PS2 keyboard, until I booted again. Not sure at this point, because I have had a couple of times when I had to restore PS2 keyboard function by rebooting, but I'm wondering if there is some kind of conflict between the keyboards?

bacon12
08-04-09, 12:54 PM
There is a setting for enabling usb devices before boot so you can use them to get into the bios. Most makers have this disabled by default still.

This is different than the legacy setting. I can't remember the exact section of the bios but I think its integrated peripherals?

Sazar
08-04-09, 04:12 PM
I would like to replace my PS2 keyboard with a wireless one, but I already have a MS wireless keyboard that I rarely use, because it apparently is not recognized by the BIOS, and it can't access the BIOS. Is this true of all wireless keyboards, or is it just a quirk of my particular motherboard?

It depends on your bios settings like others have said.

I can easily access my bios settings with my Edge keyboard (which is an AWESOME keyboard by the way).