PDA

View Full Version : New Official Left 4 Dead Campaign: "Crash Course"

Pages : [1] 2

NarcissistZero
08-04-09, 07:12 PM
You know this board is slow lately when this has not been posted yet.

New campaign... shorter than the others, story-focused, free on PC.

Here: http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-preview-left-4-dead-crash-course-campaign-142570.phtml

NaitoSan
08-04-09, 07:23 PM
Saw it on Kotaku and was going to post it here but I'm too lazy. :D

That's like a big slap to anyone who whined and moaned about Valve releasing L4D2 too soon and stop supporting L4D.

Best of all, it's free for PC users. Woohoo!

methimpikehoses
08-04-09, 07:26 PM
CoD5 ...

grey_1
08-04-09, 08:23 PM
Is that a Strider? LOL!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3446/crashposter620x.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/crashposter620x.jpg/)

Looks good to me :)

bob saget
08-04-09, 08:31 PM
*hums strider sound*

NarcissistZero
08-04-09, 08:51 PM
People are saying in the comments sections of these articles that the scope on Bill's gun indicates a new weapon, and Louis holding a pistol and machine gun indicates a new dual-wielding mechanic.

Thoughts?

ATi
08-04-09, 08:56 PM
CoD5 ...

??? nazi zombies sucks:thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
08-04-09, 09:00 PM
People are saying in the comments sections of these articles that the scope on Bill's gun indicates a new weapon, and Louis holding a pistol and machine gun indicates a new dual-wielding mechanic.

Thoughts?

They've always have that weird looking 9mm AR thing in most of the posters, and it isn't in the game.

And I doubt they'd add dual wielding weapons. It'd throw off the balance for no good reason.

Sazar
08-04-09, 09:07 PM
They've always have that weird looking 9mm AR thing in most of the posters, and it isn't in the game.

And I doubt they'd add dual wielding weapons. It'd throw off the balance for no good reason.

Yes, because completely changing the balance of the game is something Valve has NEVER done before in L4D. :bleh:

CaptNKILL
08-04-09, 09:16 PM
Yes, because completely changing the balance of the game is something Valve has NEVER done before in L4D. :bleh:

Good point. :lol:

Still, it seems unlikely.

The controls for shooting a pistol and an SMG would be pretty awkward for most people.

hellawaits
08-05-09, 01:56 AM
Is that a Strider? LOL!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3446/crashposter620x.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/crashposter620x.jpg/)

Looks good to me :)

I'm pretty sure it's a busted chopper ;) Maybe the level starts off with the survivors' helicoptor crashing ....

Atomizer
08-05-09, 02:02 AM
My point from an earlier thread has been proven.

BioHazZarD
08-05-09, 05:47 AM
Wow about time, but they should already have released maps like months ago.. in time before l4d2 arrives.. preety smart.

NarcissistZero
08-05-09, 06:12 AM
The cries on the Steam boards of "not enough" and "too little too late" really annoy me. They promised free content and they are releasing free content... what they hell are you really complaining about?

When I mention that we have had tons of patches and a new mode, with new redesigned maps for that mode, people usually counter with "yeah well survivor sucks so it doesn't count."

I personally found survivor to be fun as hell, and it's basically all my best friend and I play now... I had some epic all nighters with that mode. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it magically doesn't count as new content.

Same thing with this new campaign... it is built to be shorter, and they will likely release three over time to bridge all the main campaigns... sounds awesome to me, a short campaign when I'm not in the mood for something epic. But nooooooo... people complain about that too.

It just annoys me SO much.

Crow_Nest
08-05-09, 09:36 AM
About damn time.

Burnt_Ram
08-05-09, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a busted chopper ;) Maybe the level starts off with the survivors' helicoptor crashing .... after a second look i agree, it's definately a chopper.

BioHazZarD
08-05-09, 10:37 AM
Of course the chopper will crash, look at the name.. and francis will be pissed as hell i bet :D

ViN86
08-05-09, 12:07 PM
The cries on the Steam boards of "not enough" and "too little too late" really annoy me. They promised free content and they are releasing free content... what they hell are you really complaining about?

When I mention that we have had tons of patches and a new mode, with new redesigned maps for that mode, people usually counter with "yeah well survivor sucks so it doesn't count."

I personally found survivor to be fun as hell, and it's basically all my best friend and I play now... I had some epic all nighters with that mode. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it magically doesn't count as new content.

Same thing with this new campaign... it is built to be shorter, and they will likely release three over time to bridge all the main campaigns... sounds awesome to me, a short campaign when I'm not in the mood for something epic. But nooooooo... people complain about that too.

It just annoys me SO much.
It's like that one idiot that was in here a few months ago who was whining that the TF2 update was a few days late.

Yes, let's complain that a completely free update, which the company is doing for your benefit, hasn't been launched on exactly the day, although they don't even need to release it in the first place.

People act like such children. It's really annoying.

grey_1
08-05-09, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a busted chopper ;) Maybe the level starts off with the survivors' helicoptor crashing ....

Yeah, that was a pretty lame attempt at a joke. ;)

OT, really looking forward to this, but I do wish it were longer. No biggie as the community is moving pretty quickly.

Some fantastic maps already released, more coming.

bacon12
08-05-09, 01:46 PM
It's like that one idiot that was in here a few months ago who was whining that the TF2 update was a few days late.

Yes, let's complain that a completely free update, which the company is doing for your benefit, hasn't been launched on exactly the day, although they don't even need to release it in the first place.

People act like such children. It's really annoying.

It is annoying but valve knows what they are doing in terms of marketing their products. Every time they have dlc they also do a free weekend and sales jump by a crazy amount. 200% in some cases I have seen.

So it isn't completely for our benefit, and valve is making money. Which I am glad they do or there wouldn't be anyone left who didn't treat the pc community like an afterthought.

grey_1
08-05-09, 01:49 PM
It is annoying but valve knows what they are doing in terms of marketing their products. Every time they have dlc they also do a free weekend and sales jump by a crazy amount. 200% in some cases I have seen.

So it isn't completely for our benefit, and valve is making money. Which I am glad they do or there wouldn't be anyone left who didn't treat the pc community like an afterthought.

Bingo!

CaptNKILL
08-05-09, 02:31 PM

:thumbsup:

Amen to that.

nekrosoft13
08-05-09, 02:34 PM
I love the fact that it's free on PC but not on 360 (nana2)

yap, valve punish those RROD_Box owners

jolle
08-05-09, 05:58 PM
So it isn't completely for our benefit, and valve is making money
Well it works both ways.
Gabe had this talk at GDC or something showing significant increase in profit on lowering prices, since sales go up that much more.
So everyone wins.

And as always, you need money to make more games, and in Valves case, more content for existing games.. not everyone keep adding stuff like they do.
So, they get more money, we get more games and content.
yap, valve punish those RROD_Box owners
Dont think they have much say in how DLC delivery on the 360 works.
Prolly cant release for free.

Sazar
08-05-09, 06:04 PM
Of course the chopper will crash, look at the name.. and francis will be pissed as hell i bet :D

I heard he hates chopper crashes :bleh: