PDA

View Full Version : Vista wont connect to any networks

Albo
08-06-09, 09:41 PM
Well I got bored and started looking at things in the attic, and I found this.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=35

And I went to software and there were vista and XP drivers :) So why not

And I installed, Vista found it but asked for drivers, and I canceled it, and installed them manually.

I restarted it for no reason. When i open it up, it is able to find networks, but it is not able to connect to them. I am able to find my network, and I enter the WEP code, but then Vista gives me an error (pics below). Even on an unsecured network I can not connect, I have installed the software that came with the drivers, and evein with those it wont connect. Any Help?

Thats the name of it
CompUSA 54MBps PCI Adapter

Thanks

Albo
08-07-09, 09:25 AM
bump
XP Actually works with it!!! :D
So Vista doesnt connect

Albo
08-07-09, 11:01 AM
Still Need help for Vista

Albo
08-07-09, 12:10 PM
I fixed it, nvm
I uninstalled it, then vista installed it with the preconfigured vista drivers, then I looked in wondows update, and there was an update for it that had been there ever since I had installed the card 2 months ago (too lazy to read it). So after it installed, I connected.

arvel
12-28-09, 04:33 AM
Hello Albokid.
I am completely agree with you that Xp works with it, and vista doesn't connect to any network.
Thanks for providing this information.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-14-10, 07:24 AM
Hello Albokid.
I am completely agree with you that Xp works with it, and vista doesn't connect to any network.
Thanks for providing this information.

lol wut?!

nekrosoft13
02-17-10, 07:01 PM
lol wut?!

he is right, all the milions of vista computers sold, never can connect to any network. the tragedy.