PDA

View Full Version : ISO, boot disk, BIOS replacement

bloads
08-08-09, 04:41 PM
I DLed the zip of my bios upgrade. it unzips into an ISO. I mount the ISO using daemon tools... and when i open it's 'drive' it's just a 1.5-1.6 meg empty folder. How do i add this to my boot CD i'm creating?

CaptNKILL
08-08-09, 07:53 PM
Were there any instructions on the site you downloaded it from?

Starscream
08-08-09, 09:12 PM
I bet it's a self booting bios flash, which is very common.

Try just burning the iso with imgburn or nero or whatever and then set your bios to boot off the cd and see what happens.

bloads
08-09-09, 03:20 AM
Were there any instructions on the site you downloaded it from?

nope. XFX's website is horrible with supplying helpful information.

bloads
08-09-09, 03:21 AM
I bet it's a self booting bios flash, which is very common.

Try just burning the iso with imgburn or nero or whatever and then set your bios to boot off the cd and see what happens.

didn't see your post somehow...

well awesome. giving that a shot now, but it's still having problems burning, like it doesn't recognize there's info to burn. going to mess around with that idea some more/

grey_1
08-09-09, 10:34 AM
I've had good luck with this on troublesome isos.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burncdcc.html

Free and no install, simply an .exe.

mullet
08-09-09, 01:53 PM
Grey is so helpful.

bloads
08-09-09, 03:36 PM
imgburn worked well for me after all

now the problem is, the bios flasher failed during verify

when i try to dos boot the bios flasher again, after the verify fail, now all it does is tell me Module Checksum .... Bad, and Error : BIOS checksum error.

it's the strangest thing that i can actually run the computer fine (everything works 100%) once i reset my CMOS via the motherboard button, then press F2 to bypass setup and load defaults when the computer beeps + stops right before windows loading.