PDA

View Full Version : Q6600 & Asus Commando motherboard.

ATOJAR
08-11-09, 06:40 PM
Well i just tried alittle test, I put my voltage up to 1.4500v(the highest im willing to take it)& my FSB to 400 for 3.6GHz, I re-booted ran prime95 small FFTs & got a instant BSOD ... I knocked the FSB down to 395 and again ran a small FFTs prime 95 and afeter about 3-4 mins again got a BSOD .... Again i knocked the FSB down by 5 so its now at 390 & my CPU is at 3.5GHz, Ive been running prime95 Small FFTs for a good while now & seems stable.

The highest my CPU has reached according to coretemp v0.99.5 is 68c(running stable at 67c)

I reckon if i fiddled with afew setting in the bios i could get 3.6GHz stable, all ive adjusted so far is my FSB & voltage ... Everything else is on "Auto".

Does anybody know any settings i could try adjusting in a Asus Commando mobo that could help me maby squeeze afew more MHz from this CPU? .. As i said at the moment they are all on Auto and ive only adjusted my FSB & CPU voltage.

Any help/tips wold be really appreciated.

In the below picture im running prime95 Small FFTs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/cpu.jpg

mullet
08-11-09, 11:54 PM
Nice dude.

ATOJAR
08-12-09, 02:11 AM
Cheers. :D

Ive been tweaking some settings in the bios but theres two things im not sure about, The NB Vcore & SB Vcore, Im not sure what a save voltage is to set these to, Anybody got any recommendations?

ATOJAR
08-13-09, 02:21 AM
Well after fiddling with some settings in the bios ive managed to get the CPU stable(up to now)at 3.6GHz.

It takes 1.48v to get it stable though, Ive been running prime95 Small FFTs stress test for over 1 hour and all seems fine so far. Ive hit a high temp of 68c ... Not to bad.

Ill leave it stress test for a good few hours while im at work to see how it goes.

mythy
08-24-09, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure if thats a good OC or not. The temps are higher then my personal limit (60C) and the Vcore is way up there :o

I run 3.4GHz @ 1.312V FSB 378

Do you have Loadline calibration?

ATOJAR
08-24-09, 03:29 PM
I dont even have that cpu & mobo anymore lol! Check the sig. ;)