PDA

View Full Version : V vs 7 VGA performance

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
08-11-09, 10:28 PM
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/2869/windows_7_final_oem_vs_windows_vista_vga_performan ce/index.html

conclusion: SAME

zoomy942
08-11-09, 11:18 PM
surprise surprise

Greg
08-12-09, 07:09 AM
It is entertaining when a 'performance' review shows Windows 7 on average the same speed or slightly slower than Vista and still end with a positive conclusion. After all, your video card has nothing to do with it, it's all that pent-up performance in the spanking new OS just waiting to be released!

If you want to know the real reason Windows 7 was rushed out with only ~1.5years of development and ~1.5 years of quality control, look no further than Microsoft's own report...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/mojave-experiment/

K007
08-12-09, 08:11 AM
i am more interested in the overall perfm of the system with loading apps and the memory usage.

mailman2
08-12-09, 09:48 AM
i am more interested in the overall perfm of the system with loading apps and the memory usage.

yea, 7 runs great on my laptop with only 1GB ram. Something Vista couldn't do. There is alot more to 7 than just the VGA tests. I love it when these crap reviews get posted and everyone says "why do we need 7 when Vista is just as fast". Because now they can sell 7 on netbooks and to XP owners - and that is something Vista cannot claim to be able to do.

Burnt_Ram
08-12-09, 10:10 AM
is Vista going to be able to support DX 11? that will be the deciding factor for me.

bacon12
08-12-09, 10:30 AM
Every single issue I had with vista can be attributed to 3rd party drivers. The fact that 7 runs with a lower hw requirement is great thou,

nekrosoft13
08-12-09, 11:44 AM
It is entertaining when a 'performance' review shows Windows 7 on average the same speed or slightly slower than Vista and still end with a positive conclusion. After all, your video card has nothing to do with it, it's all that pent-up performance in the spanking new OS just waiting to be released!

If you want to know the real reason Windows 7 was rushed out with only ~1.5years of development and ~1.5 years of quality control, look no further than Microsoft's own report...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/mojave-experiment/

yap, vista got negative feedback initially, and the mass of dumb consumers kept spreading the fud. funny point is that most of these folks, couldn't even recognize vista when it was placed in front of them. take vista add about 1 year of development dress it up in slightly new UI, call it by a new name and everyone loves.

is Vista going to be able to support DX 11? that will be the deciding factor for me.

yes

mailman2
08-12-09, 12:57 PM
take vista add about 1 year of development dress it up in slightly new UI, call it by a new name and everyone loves.

So your admitting than Vista needed another year of work. 7 isn't Vista.

nekrosoft13
08-12-09, 01:09 PM

7 is prettier vista sp2.5. and yes vista when released initially had it flaws, all was corrected with sp1

ViN86
08-12-09, 02:56 PM

Agreed. And to be honest, games were exactly the same performance-wise in vista as they are in win 7 for me.

ViN86
08-12-09, 02:57 PM

Hi conroejoe.

mailman2
08-12-09, 03:58 PM
Hi conroejoe.

Hi conroejoe.

DiscipleDOC
08-12-09, 04:02 PM
Hi conroejoe.

Hi conroejoe.

mailman2
08-12-09, 05:14 PM
Do you guys really believe the real conroejoe would like Windows 7? I dont.

Greg
08-12-09, 07:12 PM
Another review, XP vs Vista vs W7...
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/windows_7_review
Once again, all three are + or - a little bit, usually within 10% of each other, however "the new Taskbar is worth the price of admission alone" and apparently "Windows 7 offers a massive leap forward in usability, security, and support for new hardware". So according to this article ~$100 buys you a new task bar and +3fps in Crysis if you are not coming from XP.

mullet
08-13-09, 12:36 AM
Ok I just installed Vista SP2 back on my rig WOW, Win 7 is a lot faster.

crainger
08-13-09, 02:55 AM
I didn't notice it faster in games, but general OS usage did seem faster.

I just like the layout and feel of 7 better, adding downloads to the start menu, the new task bar.

K007
08-13-09, 06:00 AM
hi joeconroe..

Logical
08-13-09, 10:16 AM
yap, vista got negative feedback initially, and the mass of dumb consumers kept spreading the fud. funny point is that most of these folks, couldn't even recognize vista when it was placed in front of them. take vista add about 1 year of development dress it up in slightly new UI, call it by a new name and everyone loves.

Lol, yeah i laugh hard when people say "I'm so glad i missed vista and going straight to win7, Xp is sooo much better than Vista but win 7 is soo much better than XP".

Silly cretins.

mullet
08-13-09, 11:00 AM
I didn't notice it faster in games, but general OS usage did seem faster.

I just like the layout and feel of 7 better, adding downloads to the start menu, the new task bar.

I agree games seem fine. I think I like Vista's layout better.

nekrosoft13
08-13-09, 11:05 AM
as far as layuot is concerned, i like certain parts from both, and dislike other parts.

Libraries and homegroup I can't stand, why did they have to tie libraries to WMP.

crainger
08-14-09, 02:06 AM
Yah. Libraries and WMP being tied is a little annoying. Actually it's very annoying. I can see what they were aiming at though.

hewlett
08-15-09, 01:18 AM
:thumbdwn:Lol, yeah i laugh hard when people say "I'm so glad i missed vista and going straight to win7, Xp is sooo much better than Vista but win 7 is soo much better than XP".

Silly cretins.

U seem to have quite a few laughs at alot of things people say around here !:thumbdwn:

mailman2
08-15-09, 01:24 AM
:thumbdwn:
U seem to have quite a few laughs at alot of things people say around here !:thumbdwn:

http://www.aussiecynic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ignorance-is-bliss.jpg