PDA

View Full Version : What kind of case should I build for me new PC?

digitalwanderer
06-21-03, 07:15 PM
Ok, so I'm trading my under-used GF4 for a MSI K7N2-L Nforce 2 mobo (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13674) and will be picking up a new power-supply, memory, & CPU in short order. (Probably Enermax 400+w or a sparkle, PC3200, & a 2500+)

That's the easy bit thanks to a bunch of kind board members help, and pretty disgustingly cheap looking for the performance I'm going to be getting out of it. :cool:

What should I put it in?

I'm going to be rotating computers and passing 'em on down the line. My wife will get Bubbles, my son will get the wife's old PC, and I'll paint Boomer pink and give it to me daughter....which will kind of leave me short a case.

At first I thought buy a cheapy and have some fun modding the hell out of it, and that is STILL me top option....but I'm also leaning towards just getting a little diggy with it and building something a bit unique from the ground up.

I've always been tempted to build a PC case out of wood just for giggles and thought it'd actually look pretty nice. (I'm decent with woodwork) I'm also sort of considering off the wall ideas to, like just building the mobo into the minifridge I have in me basement or something. :eek2:

Any ideas/input/advice/humorous suggestions?

UDawg
06-21-03, 11:23 PM
How about a regular case and put a veneer on it. ;) you could make it look like a 48 Ford woodie. :D

The Baron
06-22-03, 08:58 AM
Get like an old Sony ES receiver and put it in there. :D

Rogozhin
06-22-03, 10:30 PM
dig

I would use either stainless steel, plexiglass (cut low rpms), or silver plated aluminum.

rogo