PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to see a ST: Elite Force 3?

Intel17
08-23-09, 11:14 PM
So I just played EF II and realized how awesome of a game it was. Imagine a sequel using Id Tech 5, with more complex character interaction, multiple story paths, excellent graphics, and amazingly detailed environments that make the whole thing seem movie-like.

Am I the only one interested in this or what? Thoughts?

MDarkbladeM
08-24-09, 02:48 AM
I would be more than interested on playing a third part of Star Trek: Elite Force. The first one and the sequel were some great games and still are, and I still visit them time to time.

Quick420
08-24-09, 01:25 PM
Im in too:D

wollyka
08-24-09, 02:35 PM
yes me too
Also a remake of the DS9: The Fallen will be great too :)

Quick420
08-24-09, 02:48 PM
Screw Carmack and his ID tech5 bull****.The game needs to be remade with UE3 power.Lacking AA is a far better tradeoff,the plastic looking BS has got to go,really how could JC think this looks proper?I'm not sure how much changed from tech4 to tech5 but somehow I think nothing really has.ID lacks direction it seems......next up from JC,games on your gps:p

Intel17
08-24-09, 03:08 PM
Screw Carmack and his ID tech5 bull****.The game needs to be remade with UE3 power.Lacking AA is a far better tradeoff,the plastic looking BS has got to go,really how could JC think this looks proper?I'm not sure how much changed from tech4 to tech5 but somehow I think nothing really has.ID lacks direction it seems......next up from JC,games on your gps:p

Have you SEEN the Rage videos, sir?

Fotis
08-24-09, 03:33 PM
Loved the first two games and I'd love to see a third one!:)
Maybe now with the new Star Trek movie success they'll start making star trek games again.

CaptNKILL
08-24-09, 09:59 PM
I never got into the first one but Elite Force 2 was awesome. One of the most enjoyable FPSs I've ever played.

Sazar
08-25-09, 02:01 PM
The EF games were decent, the 2nd was pretty smart :)

AMC_Duke
08-25-09, 02:40 PM
it would be good but when its like the new Wolfenstein they can keep it

Intel17
08-25-09, 02:45 PM
it would be good but when its like the new Wolfenstein they can keep it

Haha, c'mon, the new Wolf wasn't that bad! But really, I think that if they made a new EF game with more RPG elements (the thing they did with the Kleeya/Telsia love triangle was neat), time to explore the ship, go on the holodeck to do some recreational stuff, etc., it'd be a HUGE hit.

Oh and if it were built on Id Tech 5, it'd be a graphical tour-de-force and it'd be pretty easy to release across all the platforms.

candle_86
08-25-09, 03:49 PM
cant happen, the License for Elite Force is owned by Activision, the Star Trek Publishing License is held by Bethsada last I heard. So they cant make an EFIII, as Activision doesnt have the license to produce Star Trek content anymore and Bethseda doesnt own the IP to Elite Force

pakotlar
08-25-09, 04:13 PM

Nawh jimmy, thassah just downz riittte ignourant

ue3 is worst engine this gen.

pakotlar
08-25-09, 04:14 PM
cant happen, the License for Elite Force is owned by Activision, the Star Trek Publishing License is held by Bethsada last I heard. So they cant make an EFIII, as Activision doesnt have the license to produce Star Trek content anymore and Bethseda doesnt own the IP to Elite Force

well then a spiritual sequel. Call it Star Trek: Mountain Dew Force, and include skateboards.

Intel17
08-26-09, 01:14 AM
Even a spiritual sequel to EF -- a shooter in the star trek universe (maybe go back to the original series? maybe a DS9 based FPS/RPG?) -- would be awesome even if it weren't called "Elite Force".

candle_86
08-26-09, 02:48 AM
you really want Bethesda to make an FPS? lol

nutcrackr
08-26-09, 07:39 AM
haven't played EF2 but I loved the first one.

candle_86
08-26-09, 10:03 AM
go get EF2, Amazon was selling a copy a few weeks ago for 50 i think. It is now rare so the longer you wait the more expensive its gonna get

Slybri
08-26-09, 01:08 PM
I'd rather see a new Bridge Commander. One with actual gameplay rather than just being told what needs to be done, clicking on a guy, and telling him to do it.

Intel17
08-26-09, 01:13 PM
go get EF2, Amazon was selling a copy a few weeks ago for 50 i think. It is now rare so the longer you wait the more expensive its gonna get

I wish they'd release the game on STEAM.