PDA

View Full Version : No post!

ATOJAR
08-27-09, 08:18 AM
Guys i just put my system together today, I just replaced the motherboard, cpu & memory(see sig) ... Now i turn my pc on and get nothing! ... no post, ive tried one stick of memory at a time, the motherboard has power, all fans are spinning, gfx card fan is spinning ect ... ive mad sure all power leads re connected ect ..

No beeps, nothing.

Any ideas? could it be the psu cant cope with the new hardware? maby the gfx card needs more power now its running at the full 2.0?

HELP! :(

grey_1
08-27-09, 08:28 AM
Disconnect everything except what you need in order to post, to get into the bios, see if that helps. If it does, reconnect your hardware one piece at a time til you find the offender.

Also, any IDE devices? 2 fo my Asus boards wouldn't post with an IDE device hooked up.

ATOJAR
08-27-09, 08:32 AM
Disconnect everything except what you need in order to post, to get into the bios, see if that helps. If it does, reconnect your hardware one piece at a time til you find the offender.

Also, any IDE devices? 2 fo my Asus boards wouldn't post with an IDE device hooked up.

Nope, no IDE devics , all SATA.

grey_1
08-27-09, 08:34 AM
I would reseat everything then try what I suggested. Disconnect hdds, fans, optical drives, everything but ram and gfx card, see if that helps.

ATOJAR
08-28-09, 05:41 AM
Ive tried everything i can think of, Ive tried resetting the CMOS, Re-seating all components & leads, Ive tried booting with only one stick of ram, Ive tried each stick of ram in all ram slots, Ive tried having only the gfx card, cpu & memory inserted & still nothing.

The bad thing is i dont know anybody with a similar system so a can test the parts.

Ive just had to take my system to a shop! ... Hes gonna charge me 10 to test all the parts to see what has failed. (personally i think the cpu was DOA)

grey_1
08-28-09, 01:36 PM
10 quid isn't bad - and it will save you the guess work. Best of luck with it.

Sazar
08-28-09, 01:52 PM
I hope it all works out :(

Worst thing is to be all excited about your new toy and then not be able to play with it.

Best of luck :)

ATOJAR
08-28-09, 02:50 PM
Well good new fellas, The man in the shop tested afew parts, tried my cpu & memory in another board and they both worked fine.

He tried some different memory in my board and all ran fine, He updated the bios with the memory he put in still installed then tried my memory & every thing is working fine & dandy! (nana2)

Dont know what the hell was wrong but im a happy chappy. :captnkill:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/Untitled.png

mcolbourn
08-28-09, 04:02 PM
Now you just need to overclock that setup

Sazar
08-28-09, 04:31 PM
Well that was a possibility :D

Sometimes if the motherboard doesn't have the correct bios to recognize the processor, it can prevent a POST. I had the same issue with my system when I first purchased the Q9450, had to drop an older intel proc in there, post and then update the OS before it worked.

ATOJAR
08-28-09, 05:01 PM
Now you just need to overclock that setup

WORD!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/overclock.png

grey_1
08-28-09, 05:09 PM
Sweet! Glad it was a simple one!. Nice oc too!

Albo
08-28-09, 08:39 PM
lol, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. I got new video card, new mobo, new psu. And once I installed everything, nothing came up on the screen. I put some new RAM in, and then it worked, then I put my old ram in, and it worked fine/still is. Almost a year now.

mythy
08-28-09, 09:32 PM
glad it all worked out! Nice rig btw

bob saget
08-28-09, 09:47 PM
If I am not mistaken, that is a VERY good overclock.