PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory on steam

nekrosoft13
08-27-09, 09:01 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/13570/

anyone know if they removed starforce from this release? Based on the OS specs, they probably didn't.

Chaos Theory was one of the early games with Starforce and version of SF in Chaos Theory can't be updated. So no Vista/7 compability.

System Requirements
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® 2000/XP
Processor: Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon, 1.4 GHz (Pentium IV or Athlon 2.2 GHz recommended)
System Memory: 256 MB of RAM or above (512 MB recommended)
Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant graphics card (128 MB recommended)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card (EAX 2.0 or higher recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX® version 9.0c or higher
Hard Disk: 4 GB available hard disk space
Supported Peripherals: Windows compatible mouse and keyboard, joystick for Solo and Co-op modes
Multiplay: Broadband with 64 Kbps data transfer upload rate (128 kbps recommended)

RAY16
08-27-09, 09:08 PM
The version of Starforce in Chaos Theory should work with Vista or Win7, just not 64-Bit versions. The system reqs don't specifically state that you can't use a 64-Bit operating system, so they may have removed it.

NarcissistZero
08-27-09, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure they removed it... they removed it from the old Prince of Persia games and whatnot.

You have to update Starforce to play the boxed game on Vista 64, but it works, FYI.

nekrosoft13
08-27-09, 10:57 PM
You have to update Starforce to play the boxed game on Vista 64, but it works, FYI.

i could never get it to work. starforce in chaos theory is different, can't be really updated

JaylumX
08-28-09, 01:47 AM
Cool. I have unfinished business with Chaos Theory.

NarcissistZero
08-28-09, 01:59 AM
i could never get it to work. starforce in chaos theory is different, can't be really updated

It can, I've done it.

You download a Vista patch on starforce's website and run it after you install the game... updated it so the game will play.

crainger
08-28-09, 03:20 AM
Best Splinter game ever. The level in the city warzone has one of the best ambient soundtracks I've heard.

NarcissistZero
08-28-09, 11:53 PM
Wow, this game still rocks. Gameplay is smooth, story presentation and music are still some of the best in the business... graphics hold up amazingly well at max settings, though forcing AA didn't work for me and I need to figure that one out.

Great, great stuff... well worth the $10 to play it again, or to rid yourself of Starforce if you still own it.

NarcissistZero
08-29-09, 02:31 AM
I know I had aa working with HDR in this game before, but it just doesn't work now. nHancer, control panel... supersampling even, nothing works. It's a total jaggathon without AA, and the lack of HDR is noticeable. Crap.

Phyxion
08-29-09, 02:42 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/13570/

anyone know if they removed starforce from this release? Based on the OS specs, they probably didn't.

Chaos Theory was one of the early games with Starforce and version of SF in Chaos Theory can't be updated. So no Vista/7 compability.

System Requirements
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® 2000/XP
Processor: Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon, 1.4 GHz (Pentium IV or Athlon 2.2 GHz recommended)
System Memory: 256 MB of RAM or above (512 MB recommended)
Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant graphics card (128 MB recommended)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card (EAX 2.0 or higher recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX® version 9.0c or higher
Hard Disk: 4 GB available hard disk space
Supported Peripherals: Windows compatible mouse and keyboard, joystick for Solo and Co-op modes
Multiplay: Broadband with 64 Kbps data transfer upload rate (128 kbps recommended)

There is NO starforce in it since Steam lists all DRM, nothing listed so basically unprotected (Besides Steam protection, which isn't really a protection).

crainger
08-29-09, 05:37 AM
I know I had aa working with HDR in this game before, but it just doesn't work now. nHancer, control panel... supersampling even, nothing works. It's a total jaggathon without AA, and the lack of HDR is noticeable. Crap.

What? No! I played this last year and I know I had it working too. Oh man the lighthouse level still look amazing though, the rain, the sounds, slicing through a tent to grab a bad guy.

Favorite part is they guy who thinks you are a ninja and there is nothing you can do to convince him otherwise....

Armed_Baboon
08-29-09, 08:58 AM
bought this game off steam tonight. playing for the first time. if anyone can figure out HRD + AA please post.

Sweetz
08-29-09, 07:54 PM
There is NO starforce in it since Steam lists all DRM, nothing listed so basically unprotected (Besides Steam protection, which isn't really a protection).
Don't assume they're infallible. The Steam version of Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena still has Tages - but it took about two weeks after release for Steam to update the store page to reflect that.

Sometimes they make mistakes in the listings, sometimes they don't even bother to find out if a games has a 3rd party DRM until someone asks. You can't always trust the store pages to be accurate - especially for newly listed games.

That said, based on the observations of people who bought the game, it appears that Starforce was indeed removed.

Armed_Baboon
08-30-09, 07:01 AM
Sam has such a wierd voice...

crainger
08-30-09, 07:45 AM
That's Michael Ironside. Legend of the B grade cinema. We liked him as Richter, we loved him as Rasczak.

ATi
09-06-09, 11:00 PM
Is this the one where he's gets in a submarine?If it is I'm buying it!

NarcissistZero
09-07-09, 12:12 AM
Is this the one where he's gets in a submarine?If it is I'm buying it!

That was the original game, in a bonus mission you could download.

ATi
09-07-09, 12:26 AM
That was the original game, in a bonus mission you could download.oh you still haven't got AA to work in this game?

NarcissistZero
09-07-09, 12:27 AM
I stopped trying, I just turned HDR off... in this game the HDR is, in my opinion, barely noticeable... looks much better with AA.