PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing Diablo 2 on Vista 64

Zeta
08-30-09, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems installing Diablo 2 on Vista 64bit? I start the installation and get to where I choose the path I want the game installed to. Then windows explorer locks up. I have tried searching Blizzard and the internet for help. It seems no one else is having this problem. I am running SP2. I have turned UAC off. I have tried running the installer in compatibility mode.

No error messages unfortunately. Windows explorer just stops responding and it never progresses with the install.

Thanks in advance if you can provide any help.

NarcissistZero
08-30-09, 03:27 PM
Try running the installer in XP compatability mode, or a different one. I often have to run installers in compatabilty modes in 64bit.

RAY16
08-30-09, 06:03 PM
Are you installing off the original discs? If so, try registering your key on Battle.net. You can download an installer directly from Blizzard that is already updated to the latest version and runs without the need for discs. Worked great for me on Vista x64.

shilk
08-30-09, 06:18 PM
^^ I was about to suggest the same. :)

NaitoSan
08-30-09, 06:29 PM
Now will Blizzard hurry up with their final patch. :D

shilk
08-30-09, 07:06 PM
They can't. They pulled all of the teams to work on the new expansion for WoW, and pushed back the patch for Diablo until Diablo III is released - so 2012. So at least if the end of the worlds comes, you wouldn't really miss anything. I think they're relying on the inevitable now just in case they miss another deadline. :captnkill:

Zeta
08-30-09, 08:28 PM
Oh wow. I didn't even realize battle.net did that now. I will go give that a try right now. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Zeta
08-30-09, 08:37 PM
Son of ****. I added the game to my battle.net account. I download the installer and I get "there was a problem authenticating your download". I have deleted and redownloaded the installer several times now.

Any ideas on that error?

Ok, nm. I figured this one out. I needed to run the downloader as an administrator.