PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Firmware 3.00 is out!

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
09-01-09, 03:39 AM
Downloading now!

Who wants to meet me behind the bowling alley in Home for sum fun?

PS3 Firmware 3.0 Changelog:

• Multi-Audio - Audio can now be output to multiple connectors simultaneously. You can set this option under [Settings] > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Multi Output].
• Video Content Playback - During Video content playback, you can now use the right stick to play content in slow playback, fast reverse, and fast forward.
• Settings Descriptions - Now below each setting option under the Settings tab on the XMB, there is now a brief description in small font.
• New Start Up Logo - Upon starting up your PS3, you will be greeted with the new ‘PS3′ Logo.
• Custom Remote Play Settings - Manually set a device (such as a PSP system) to be used for remote play.
• “What’s New” – The “Information Board” will be replaced with a “What’s New” section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, “What’s New” displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
• Status Indicator – In the top right corner we’ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
• Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends’ respective profiles.
• PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We’ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
• Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
• Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3/ps3-firmware-3-0-full-changelog-includes-ps3-slim-bootscreen/#ixzz0Pq2qxAQm

Mr. Hunt
09-01-09, 03:43 AM
You are a terrible human being Crainger... this was already being discussed in the PSN thread. I hate your guts.

NarcissistZero
09-01-09, 03:49 AM
Yes, Crainger must die.

Mr. Hunt
09-01-09, 04:31 AM
Yes, Crainger must die.

Seriously. We need to start funding the monies for the tickets to send me over there. I will deal with the one they call Crainger.

crainger
09-01-09, 05:40 AM
A stud like me needs his own thread.

NarcissistZero
09-01-09, 06:18 AM
We should totally have a Crainger thread where you just post something random everyday.

crainger
09-01-09, 07:58 AM
We do. It's called nVNews Forums.

Badboy_12345
09-01-09, 08:20 AM
soooo they have added nothing interesting at all? :thumbdwn:

Yaboze
09-01-09, 12:38 PM
Mostly cosmetic stuff.....

Animated themes and XMB
No more Spiderman Font "Playstation 3" when a game launches
More Avatars

I like it, even though it's just visual stuff.

Mr. Hunt
09-01-09, 02:35 PM
Yeah... the friends list changes alone were enough to outweigh the negatives, which aren't even THAT bad.

crainger
09-01-09, 03:40 PM
I miss the 'glim' when launching a PS3 game.

LiquidX
09-01-09, 07:04 PM
For those with a Japanese account there is a great animated theme for AFRIKA with Zebras walking around eating grass. I had no idea the PS3 or any console was capable of that.

ATi
09-01-09, 07:13 PM
We do. It's called nVNews Forums.:lol2:

:naughty:

Mr. Hunt
09-01-09, 07:22 PM
For those with a Japanese account there is a great animated theme for AFRIKA with Zebras walking around eating grass. I had no idea the PS3 or any console was capable of that.

For free? If so, awesome and thanks for the headsup, definitely interested in the animated themes, just didn't want to pay the outrageous price for the LBP one (3 bucks is insane).

|MaguS|
09-01-09, 07:28 PM

Nice, I love Afrika. It's a nice relaxing game...

Mr. Hunt
09-02-09, 01:17 AM
Man this Afrika theme is pretty awesome, especially since it cost nothing lol.

NaitoSan
09-02-09, 03:00 AM
Got Afrika theme... very nice but too bright that I couldn't see texts. :o I wanted Little Big Planet theme but it costs money. :(

Mr. Hunt
09-02-09, 03:09 AM
Too bright? Really? I thought it was pretty dark... unless these themes also go by the time of day for certain things, which I guess is neat.

Marvel_us
09-02-09, 11:02 AM
Unless it doesn't work for animated themes, you can change the wallpaper brightness in the XMB options.

LiquidX
09-02-09, 12:32 PM
Got Afrika theme... very nice but too bright that I couldn't see texts. :o I wanted Little Big Planet theme but it costs money. :(

Go into theme settings and set the brightness to -3 or below. It was very hard for me to see the text also.

crainger
09-02-09, 03:50 PM

Could be because you are deaf. All your hearing power has been diverted to other senses. So you are seeing to well and it seems bright.

Just saying.

NaitoSan
09-02-09, 08:02 PM
Could be because you are deaf. All your hearing power has been diverted to other senses. So you are seeing to well and it seems bright.

Just saying.
It's true, but that doesn't mean I'm seeing things brighter. :p

NarcissistZero
09-02-09, 09:04 PM
My PS3's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Destroy
09-02-09, 09:55 PM
Sweet, I've been waiting for the new PS3 logo on bootup.

Yeah but all the pre-release hype makes it sort of a let down.

NaitoSan
09-02-09, 10:11 PM
Wow if you follow PS blog or forum, there's so many people complaining about firmware 3.00 update. People complaining it's more cluttered, friendlist looks ugly, annoying indicator, unable to change font size (it's big/fatter now), missing original "Playstation 3" logo everytime you start up games, PS store on everywhere, new PS3 logo not suitable for original PS3 unit, etc. I agree with some, but some are pretty silly.

Hopefully Sony release new firmware to let us customize the font size, etc. At least it let me change background to classic- sparkling effect is nice but a bit too girly for me. :o

http://www.impawards.com/2001/posters/glitter_ver1.jpg