PDA

View Full Version : Good Old Games buy one get one free sale...

CaptNKILL
09-03-09, 01:48 AM
To celebrate their 1 year anniversary, GoG is having a buy one get one free sale on select games.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/1year_promo

I like GoG so I think I'm going to buy something... but I'm not sure what.

Stonekeep always looked interesting to me, but I don't know what else to get it with it.

Anyone have any recommendations from that list?

Mr. Hunt
09-03-09, 01:57 AM
Giants: Citizen Kabuto was a really fun game. Really wish that game had succeeded because the multiplayer was so freaking fun. I think the team behind that also did the Armed and Dangerous game which has a very similar style of humor.

Kaguya
09-03-09, 02:02 AM
Excellent! I've wanted to buy Fallout 2 for a while but kind of wanted a digital version of Fallout 1 as well (but I already own it on CD). Now I sort of have an excuse... I'll get Fallout 1 for free :)

bob saget
09-03-09, 03:01 AM
LOL I remember F18.

crainger
09-03-09, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna get the Fallout series.

CaptNKILL
09-08-09, 08:37 PM
This deal is still going.

I just noticed that you can buy two games and get two more free.

I think I'm going to grab Stone Keep, Lionheart, Sacrifice and Giants. Total is $11.98. :)

That's a hell of a deal for some great games with good support and no DRM.

EDIT: Sweet, I didn't know GoG accepted paypal. I have like $60 in my account that I've been trying to use. :D

betterdan
09-08-09, 08:51 PM
Redneck Rampage!

|MaguS|
09-08-09, 08:53 PM
Bought the Fallout Series and Giants. :o

mojoman0
09-08-09, 09:08 PM
oh the descent games bring back memories. I remember playing one of them on my bro's bday when he got a deep purple cd. They both go hand in hand for me now ;)

Mr. Hunt
09-08-09, 10:57 PM
You guys that got Giants need to tell me what you think lol. I personally loved it. I would LITERALLY murder for a sequel!

|MaguS|
09-08-09, 11:27 PM
You guys that got Giants need to tell me what you think lol. I personally loved it. I would LITERALLY murder for a sequel!

I already owned it on CD... just rather have a Digital version... wish steam would get the game.

CaptNKILL
09-09-09, 12:18 AM

I played the game way back when it came out. I think it either came with a graphics card or I had a demo. I didn't really get into it at the time but for $3... why not? :p

Mr. Hunt
09-09-09, 01:28 AM
I played the game way back when it came out. I think it either came with a graphics card or I had a demo. I didn't really get into it at the time but for $3... why not? :p

Yeah, I think it came with the Geforce 4400 or something... been a long time so I have no idea... might have been the GF 2 series even lol... long time ago.

CaptNKILL
09-09-09, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I think it came with the Geforce 4400 or something... been a long time so I have no idea... might have been the GF 2 series even lol... long time ago.

It was either the Geforce 2 or Geforce 3. I can't remember. :p

I know it was one of the most high-tech games available when it was released due to all the bump mapping.

Mr. Hunt
09-09-09, 02:15 AM
Must have been the 2 then, because I definitely remember getting a second version after I got the Geforce card and it looked better than the original release I was playing on my Voodoo 3300 lol.

Retrolock
09-09-09, 02:18 AM
Thinking about getting Freespace 2 and Kabuto...

So how does this work? You have to buy the game first after that you'll get another one free?

crainger
09-09-09, 02:23 AM
Wow. You have a Voodoo 3 series? That's messed up right there.

CaptNKILL
09-09-09, 03:05 AM
Thinking about getting Freespace 2 and Kabuto...

So how does this work? You have to buy the game first after that you'll get another one free?

The deal ended a few hours ago. It was going for like a week. :(

NaitoSan
09-09-09, 03:28 AM
Giants that was enhanced for Geforce 3 is awesome. There's patch somewhere that adds all assets and is playable with current cards. There's a thread somewhere about it here. Not sure if links still works after few years.

Mr. Hunt
09-09-09, 03:46 AM
Wow. You have a Voodoo 3 series? That's messed up right there.

If I remember right I did lol... was so long ago and it ran Giants like garbage basically. Then I got the Geforce 2 and I was like "WHOAZ WTFZ!!!!!" and my mind was BLOWN AWAY lol. I loved the freaking multiplayer in it... it was a mixture of third person shooter, strategy, and just running around eating people and upgrading as the Giant itself... was freaking fun and I wish somebody would remake it lol.

NarcissistZero
09-09-09, 04:35 AM
The only game on that site I don't own and need is Arx Fatalis... I guess I should get Overseer at some point as well, but I'm not in a hurry as I remember it being the lamer of the Tex Murphy games.

The rest... meh. Maybe there are some hidden gems I don't own that are not those two, but I don't know about them as of now.

Retrolock
09-09-09, 10:44 AM
The deal ended a few hours ago. It was going for like a week. :(

Oh well, I bought Freespace 2 nonetheless. :(

CaptNKILL
09-09-09, 12:01 PM
Giants that was enhanced for Geforce 3 is awesome. There's patch somewhere that adds all assets and is playable with current cards. There's a thread somewhere about it here. Not sure if links still works after few years.

This site has some of the updates but most of the important links are broken...

http://www.giantsxtreme.cjb.net/

Anyone know where else to get all the necessary patches and updates for this game?

HiCZoK4
09-10-09, 11:02 AM
Giant Kabuto is great. Try it

HiCZoK4
09-10-09, 11:03 AM
I noticed there is MDK and Earthworm Jim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!