PDA

View Full Version : W7 Aero Theme

seeker
09-05-09, 12:50 PM
Recently, there have been a few incidents where that some app interfered with the theme, causing it to revert to Windows basic. This isn't a major problem, because if it doesn't correct itself after closing the app, the Aero Troubleshooter has always fixed it. Still, some of the events seem random, and occur with apps that don't have a history of problems...on my computer.

Consistently, in every use of the troubleshooter, it says that the problem was due to the Desktop Windows Manager being disabled, but going into services.msc, that item is always started and set on automatic. I'm just wondering if there is a way to prevent or decrease the number of these events...besides simply not using the apps related to them?

crainger
09-05-09, 05:22 PM
Make sure you have the latest drivers and Windows updates is all you can really do for the random ones.

seeker
09-05-09, 05:35 PM
I guess it's hopeless then, because Windows is up to date, and the only driver that I can think of that might relate is for the video card, and it is also up to date...although it does have enough bugs...maybe they will fix it.