PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tsunami
06-24-03, 03:53 AM
I thought i'd send in some screenies as a peace offering unfortunately i don't have a web page :(.
The FX 5900 ultra is very high quality and 8X AA is a marked improvement to their 4X AA.
4S X AA is also remarkable.
I took the screenies on UT2003 with 4XAA 8XAF with a resolution of 1024X768 maximum in game settings including hardware+EAX
16 bots going hyper on godlike and what i thought was the most detailed level Inferno and averaged at about 35fps.
Before i put my new card in my TI4600 worked on those settings with no bots (still on spectator mode) at 6fps
suffice it to say i'm exstatic with my card and i will be looking at the 9800 pro as soon as my mate gets back

b00bie
06-24-03, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Tsunami
I thought i'd send in some screenies as a peace offering unfortunately i don't have a web page :(.
The FX 5900 ultra is very high quality and 8X AA is a marked improvement to their 4X AA.
4S X AA is also remarkable.
I took the screenies on UT2003 with 4XAA 8XAF with a resolution of 1024X768 maximum in game settings including hardware+EAX
16 bots going hyper on godlike and what i thought was the most detailed level Inferno and averaged at about 35fps.
Before i put my new card in my TI4600 worked on those settings with no bots (still on spectator mode) at 6fps
suffice it to say i'm exstatic with my card and i will be looking at the 9800 pro as soon as my mate gets back

You can always just attach the screenies to the post. :)

(Look under attach file);)

Tsunami
06-24-03, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the tip i'll just put the one

Tsunami
06-24-03, 08:17 AM
i have a shot of vulcan but i wanted to show you my UT2003 but even as a jpg it was to big sorry

DSC
06-24-03, 08:29 AM
Where did you get the Vulcan demo?

Tsunami
06-24-03, 10:14 AM
i got the vulcan demo with my card

DSC
06-24-03, 10:54 AM
Does it come with Dusk demo? :D

How big is the Vulcan demo? Would it be possible for you to upload it if someone is willing to host it?

Megatron
06-24-03, 11:16 AM
Nice Vulcan pic. Personally I find Vulcan to be far more interesting than Dawn/Dusk. Thats a graphics mascot!! Down with silly fairys.

Awesome looking fire.:thumbsup:

creedamd
06-24-03, 12:20 PM
too blurry, can you post a higher res?

Sazar
06-24-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by reever2
Why is the background so blurry, is that some sort of special effect associated with the fire?

doubt it... if it was then the blurs would have a wavy look to it...

seems just that the image quality has been reduced for posting purposes :(

looks nice though... any chance of posting a BIG screenie ?

b00bie
06-24-03, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
doubt it... if it was then the blurs would have a wavy look to it...

seems just that the image quality has been reduced for posting purposes :(

looks nice though... any chance of posting a BIG screenie ?

Yeah, don't reduce it. Attach it as is. I wouldn't mind seeing the original.

Close to 2000 posts Sazar... :p :D

Tsunami
06-24-03, 02:07 PM
In answere to an earlier post yes i do have the dusk demo but i uninstalled it as it was no different to dawn and there are no options. The Vulcan demo does have a wavey swealtering heat effect but the reason it is blurred is due to image compression i had to convert it from a bmp to a jpg but i'm really sorry but i can't give it to you in bmp format because it's to big and i get a message saying it was to big.

DSC
06-24-03, 02:12 PM
Don't use BMP, use PNG. PNG will be smaller, and because it's lossless, there's no image quality loss. Can you please upload the Dusk demo to somewhere? Uttar will surely want it. :D

Tsunami
06-24-03, 02:13 PM
The file in it's original form is 2.25mb and the size restriction is 102400 bites

Tsunami
06-24-03, 02:17 PM
i can't upload the dusk because i obtained it from my disk and i can't port all the files over because their is no setup.
PNG image is still to big

Sazar
06-24-03, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami
The file in it's original form is 2.25mb and the size restriction is 102400 bites

can you host it or have someone else host it ?

I have always wanted to take a look @ this tech demo... more so than the fairy demos for technical reasons...

(of course nothing compares to nekid fairies... but you know what I mean :D )