View Full Version : The Old Republic: First Trooper Footage

NarcissistZero
09-06-09, 03:37 PM
http://kotaku.com/5353674/first-footage-of-the-old-republics-trooper-in-action

OH... MY... GOD...

I need this game.

|MaguS|
09-06-09, 03:44 PM
Meh, Other then the Star Wars coat of paint it still looks to play like every other MMO out there. =\

Sazar
09-06-09, 03:46 PM
Yah, doesn't look that impressive.

NarcissistZero
09-06-09, 03:54 PM
Well, I have never played an MMO before, but that video was really awesome to me. Lovely combat.

|MaguS|
09-06-09, 04:04 PM
Well, I have never played an MMO before, but that video was really awesome to me. Lovely combat.

Till you realize its only clicking on the enemy and selecting your attacks... no real strategy involved. I bet it will be full of grinding aswell... they all are now.

AthlonXP1800
09-06-09, 04:05 PM
Look interesting game, cant wait to play it. Finished both KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

NarcissistZero
09-06-09, 04:05 PM
Till you realize its only clicking on the enemy and selecting your attacks... no real strategy involved. I bet it will be full of grinding aswell... they all are now.

Clicking the enemy and choosing when to use what attack sounds like KotOR to me, and I thought we both loved that game.

Maybe I should trial WoW to see what that plays like.

|MaguS|
09-06-09, 04:08 PM
Clicking the enemy and choosing when to use what attack sounds like KotOR to me, and I thought we both loved that game.

Maybe I should trial WoW to see what that plays like.

It wont play like KOTOR because it wont use the DnD system. You wont be able to pause the gameplay to think moves out... It's going to play like WoW, every game tries to mimic WoW.

K007
09-06-09, 04:20 PM
looks like crap tbh. WoW nailed it with its system. Love the PVP!

& It was my first MMO as well.

The problem with all other MMO's is that they don't support there game after its released as much as Blizzard does, and this is where they fail.

|MaguS|
09-06-09, 04:40 PM
The problem with all other MMO's is that they don't support there game after its released as much as Blizzard does, and this is where they fail.

Clearly shows that you never played another MMO before. If anything WoW has the weakest support out of all Major MMOs. There is a reason EQ1 has been going for over 10 years now...

Heck look at Lineage 2, It has had multiple (like 5?) free expansions for the game.

The reason why WoW has had such huge success is because its easy and its made by Blizzard. Everquest was the leader but it could never attract the casual market, it was too much of a grind and time sink. WoW looked at that and made the game easy to jump in and out of which made it look far more attractive to the active person. No longer did you need to play the game like it was a second job.

ST:DS9
09-06-09, 07:47 PM
Clearly shows that you never played another MMO before. If anything WoW has the weakest support out of all Major MMOs. There is a reason EQ1 has been going for over 10 years now...

Heck look at Lineage 2, It has had multiple (like 5?) free expansions for the game.

The reason why WoW has had such huge success is because its easy and its made by Blizzard. Everquest was the leader but it could never attract the casual market, it was too much of a grind and time sink. WoW looked at that and made the game easy to jump in and out of which made it look far more attractive to the active person. No longer did you need to play the game like it was a second job.

Agreed. Blizzard really does have the weakest. Turbine with Lotro adds so much more content in their game every 3 months then Blizzard does in 2 years between expansions.

lIqUID
09-06-09, 09:29 PM
I want to make fun of off camera alpha footage too! WoW is so much awesomer looking and just betterer! I will still be playing WoW when everybody is flying Jetson cars and having sex with robots because WoW is the awesomest!

nrdstrm
09-08-09, 05:12 PM
Meh, Other then the Star Wars coat of paint it still looks to play like every other MMO out there. =\

Nope. You are wrong. There are several systems in place that are very different from standard fair MMOs, such as the group questing system, the "cover" system (for smuggler, et), etc.

Way to bash a game on a few minutes of footage..lol

K007
09-12-09, 09:05 PM

WoW is my first and last MMO.

And i can tell that you never played end game WoW. Arena Easy?...End game raiding...easy?..I don't know about other mmos, but getting to lvl 80 in WoW is not that hard, but the end game of WoW is completely different, and its not as easy as you think.

As for support, well yea my first MMO is WoW, i don't play it anymore, but will end up playing on once new expan comes out, but in terms of support...i mean they have been ontop of everything, downtimes they fix it up, and give users credit time, and there are big content patches that are free as well that are not part of a expansion, those expansions are massive anyway, and its like what...$40AUD..

Oh there was a time where WoW becomes your first job. 1-60 days...and the HWL grind...oh man...those were the darkest days of my life, they really got rid of that stuff tho. End game is not easy either, not a grind more of a teamwork/time(doing heroics/badge farming/gearing up)

Hari Seldon
01-05-10, 03:51 PM
The game looks nice.
I just installed KOTOR on my Win XP laptop and played through it again. (I didn't get it to work on my Windows 7 computer)
After looking at a few of the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/star-wars-the-old-republic/10449) that has been released, I'm thinking of playing it after it's been released.

I've only played 2 MMO's before, Age Of Conan (which I liked, for an half year, or so, until I had a lvl 80, a lvl 78 and a lvl 25 character)... and City Of Heroes / City Of Villains, which got boring pretty fast.

I like KOTOR and it seems like it might be fun to play the the new Star Wars MMO, atleast for a while...