PDA

View Full Version : Prey Now Owned by Zenimax

nekrosoft13
09-08-09, 08:08 PM
In what hopefully turns out to be awesome news for fans of the first game ZeniMax (Bethesda) now owns the Prey IP. Perhaps they will put a new game into the works? When contacted, Bethesda offered the industry-standard "no comment."

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=tm&qt=sno&reel=&frame=&sno=76529121

NarcissistZero
09-08-09, 09:52 PM
I loved Prey, other than the lame no dying thing.

That one boss was nuts... you know the one.

mojoman0
09-08-09, 09:52 PM
I just played through the first game. Pretty old school shooter with some new ideas. plenty of fun with a mix of comedy and horror. Good game overall, especially for the $1.90 i payed for it. Thank you gogamer

Mr. Hunt
09-08-09, 10:56 PM
I loved Prey, other than the lame no dying thing.

That one boss was nuts... you know the one.

Yeah, I enjoyed Prey also. I didn't mind the "no dying" because to me it just took the place of a "YOU DIED" screen with "CONTINUE- YES/NO"... so it didn't bother me. I still loved the first part with Don't Fear the Reaper lol.

breathemetal
09-08-09, 11:04 PM
Great game. Great atmosphere as well.

jAkUp
09-08-09, 11:49 PM
Yup, one of my favorites.

NarcissistZero
09-08-09, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed Prey also. I didn't mind the "no dying" because to me it just took the place of a "YOU DIED" screen with "CONTINUE- YES/NO"... so it didn't bother me. I still loved the first part with Don't Fear the Reaper lol.

Well, you popped right back in where you died... there was absolutely no death penalty. If it popped you back in before the last fight or something, like a checkpoint system, I would be fine with it.

Mr. Hunt
09-09-09, 12:15 AM
Well, you popped right back in where you died... there was absolutely no death penalty. If it popped you back in before the last fight or something, like a checkpoint system, I would be fine with it.

Guess I was remembering wrong. Might have been thinking about the last Prince of Persia.

nemecb
09-09-09, 02:33 PM
I thought Human Head was already working on Prey 2. Or was that just my wishful thinking? I liked Prey better than a lot of more hyped FPS games that have come out lately so I am eagerly awaiting a sequel (hopefully it won't take as long as the first one, although if it's as good I guess I don't really care).

trivium nate
09-09-09, 08:37 PM
it was cool i liked the big boss with the rocket launchers on his hands

nekrosoft13
09-09-09, 09:46 PM
I thought Human Head was already working on Prey 2. Or was that just my wishful thinking? I liked Prey better than a lot of more hyped FPS games that have come out lately so I am eagerly awaiting a sequel (hopefully it won't take as long as the first one, although if it's as good I guess I don't really care).

Human Head still might be making it, but instead of making it for Apogee software they will be making it for Zenimax now.