PDA

View Full Version : Massive Lucasarts Announcements on Gametrailers TV

NarcissistZero
09-11-09, 03:26 AM
They are at Lucasarts doing an interview... massive new news, I will update as I watch.

- Monkey Island SE sold past expectations and the industry buzz was surprising.

- Expect more Monkey Island SE type products in the future.

- Jedi Knight series next week on Steam.

- New IP coming, more later.

NarcissistZero
09-11-09, 03:31 AM
- Multiple new Star Wars games in development that are unannounced.

- New game is Lucidity, coming for PC and XBLA... looks like a platformer with adventure game elements.

- Clone Wars looks terrible.

NarcissistZero
09-11-09, 03:38 AM
- Lucidity is a puzzle/platformer... looks amazing. The girl walks on her own to the right and you have to move things and interact in order to let her get through. Comes out LATER THIS MONTH!!! They only talked about Xbox, but the graphic said PC/Xbox.

NarcissistZero
09-11-09, 03:45 AM
- "Lots more games coming to Steam in the future"

- Future goal is more star wars as well as more new IP and remakes/sequels to old IP.

- Keep an eye on Twitter for more.

And that is it... great show!

nutcrackr
09-11-09, 03:56 AM
lots more on steam is good news :D

NaitoSan
09-11-09, 04:27 AM
Excellent! Looks like Lucasart's making a big comeback after previous president left. It's awesome that they're going to do more remake with old adventure games or whatnot.

I predict adventure games' going to be next big thing in upcoming years.

crainger
09-11-09, 04:56 AM
Oh I can get Jedi Knight and Mysteries of teh Sith.

Monolyth
09-11-09, 05:25 AM
Still waiting for a re-skinned Tie Fighter + all expansions.

Seriously best Star Wars space sim ever....EVARRR!!

crainger
09-11-09, 05:43 AM
It was wasn't it. Man, the hours I spent on that game. Damn those A-wings. Damn them.

Monolyth
09-11-09, 06:04 AM
A-wings were so annoying, concussion missiles worked maybe 25% of the time. Lord help you if you are in only a Tie Fighter, or Tie Bomber for that matter.

Of course I was a sadist in that game, if there was another Rebel ship 25+km away I would go after it. I can't tell you the number of times I took down a Mon Calamari Cruiser, or Nebulon-B frigate that I wasn't supposed to be able to do.

"Oh I'm sorry Rebels, did I take out your capitol ships with my lowly dual turbo-laser Tie Fighter?" - And Mono gets an award for being awesome.

Tie Fighter (+expansions) had so many missions...sooooooooo many missions. Modern games couldn't even come close to the amount of time it took to finish that game + all expansions. Not to mention the story lines were pretty darn good too, Zaarin, Admiral Thrawn, great characters we never see in the movies.

Gaco
09-11-09, 07:05 AM
<3 Jedi Knight. This is awesome.

LordJuanlo
09-11-09, 10:34 AM
Still waiting for a re-skinned Tie Fighter + all expansions.

Seriously best Star Wars space sim ever....EVARRR!!

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! :captnkill:

I would pay full price for this!!!!

|MaguS|
09-11-09, 10:50 AM
Give me JK Series and KOTOR 2 on steam, pwease?

Fuku2
09-11-09, 12:00 PM
I never played Tie Fighter. I had X-Wing but around that time I made some changes in my life and moved about 5000 miles away (in Oct '94) and never got a computer again for about 6 years. Missed out on a bunch of stuff.

Mr. Hunt
09-11-09, 01:07 PM
Jedi Knight on steam will make my entire week basically.

SH64
09-11-09, 10:27 PM
Certainly good news!

SH64
09-12-09, 12:20 AM
Just seen Lucidity trailer. the concept is interesting!

ahheadlock
09-13-09, 09:16 PM
- Expect more Monkey Island SE type products in the future.

- Jedi Knight series next week on Steam.

- Multiple new Star Wars games in development that are unannounced.

i want to see these 3 things become the same thing.

where they remake jedi knight and all it's off shoots with new graphics / sound etc.

*gazes wistfully*

also +999999999999~ to tie fighter remake.

Buio
09-14-09, 03:50 AM
I checked a few videos of Lucidity, but it's not a game for me.

Lucasarts live by their license games. Their last new property, Fracture is mentioned on wikipedia like this In May 2007, LucaArts announced Fracture and stated that "new intellectual properties serve a vital role to the growth of LucasArts".
Only problem is that Fracture bombed totally. Good thing they are a well funded studio.

NarcissistZero
09-14-09, 04:38 AM
I tried the Fracture demo on Xbox and thought it was actually pretty fun. I told myself to get it when it was cheaper... that never happened though, because I never saw the box again to be reminded it existed.

Should of come to PC too, being a shooter.

Lucidity looks awesome to me though, like Tetris with actual artistic merit.