PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in 8800GTS 640

jkmetal
09-13-09, 03:07 PM
My 8800GTS 640 has lived a good life, never overclocked and I reapplied thermal paste about a year ago. I've been looking for another card but I want to get rid of this one first. Any interest?

bob saget
09-13-09, 03:33 PM
My 8800GTS 640 has lived a good life, never overclocked and I reapplied thermal paste about a year ago. I've been looking for another card but I want to get rid of this one first. Any interest?

I had no problems selling mine on craigslist. No one seemed interested here. Do you have a price?

jkmetal
09-13-09, 03:45 PM
I had no problems selling mine on craigslist. No one seemed interested here. Do you have a price?

$45 or under. Craigslist might be a good idea, thanx.

bob saget
09-13-09, 04:25 PM
$45 or under. Craigslist might be a good idea, thanx.

make sure you actually say how good of a card it is. For that price you will have no trouble selling it, I think. I was able to play crysis at 1680x1050, everything at high or above with generally playable framerates.

seeker
09-13-09, 04:43 PM
Looking at his signature, one might think that the card is not too good.

JasonPC
09-13-09, 05:05 PM
lol they're pretty decent just not up to snuff with anything new :P

I'm still running mine and considering how consolized games are now, there's not a big rush to upgrade it.

Blakhart
09-15-09, 01:59 PM
The beauty of the 640 and 320 cards is the memory bandwidth. If you don't run huge res, these cards game just fine. The g80 core kicks ass.

FastRedPonyCar
09-23-09, 05:52 PM
i'll take it. pm payment info. I prefer paypal

jorgerp86
11-17-09, 06:08 PM
How much are you looking for? I'm interested, cant afford a brand new card now.

snowmanwithahat
11-18-09, 12:43 AM
I'm interested too for a physx card... any comment on how loud the fan is though? I want a near-silent solution if possible since it won't actually be used for anything "intense" like primary graphics

bob saget
11-18-09, 12:55 AM
I'm interested too for a physx card... any comment on how loud the fan is though? I want a near-silent solution if possible since it won't actually be used for anything "intense" like primary graphics

the one i had was not noticeable. normal computer hum.

snowmanwithahat
11-18-09, 02:10 PM
the one i had was not noticeable. normal computer hum.

cool, I figured it'd be about a 9800 / 2xx series hum... very low.

I had the 8600 GT in there and it was LOUD... definetly one of those cheap heatsinks with a fan at 100% ... was not happy

bob saget
11-18-09, 02:39 PM
the problem is though they do tend to get hot, even after only physx. After several playthrough of the batman demo, the back of mine (on physx) was more than just warm. Try to get a extra fan or something for cooling.

Redeemed
11-18-09, 02:40 PM
Um, I think he might have sold this. :lol: Won't know till he posts back- but Fastredponycar was the first to announce interest, and that was some months ago looking at the post date. I'm pretty sure this card is sold. :lol:

Redeemed
11-18-09, 02:42 PM
the problem is though they do tend to get hot, even after only physx. After several playthrough of the batman demo, the back of mine (on physx) was more than just warm. Try to get a extra fan or something for cooling.

Air flow is a must. Back when I had my two 640MB 8800GTS in SLi with an Opty 185 @ 3Ghz... they actually stayed relatively cool. If I recall, they never breached 50*C in my rig. Mind you, it had insane airflow- a 140mm fan in the front for intake, a 250mm fan on the side for intake, and dual high-CFM 80mm fans on the back as exhaust. Under full load, they barely got above 50*C if I recall... like a max of 52*C or something like that. Not over clocked, at stock speeds, but cool enough that I got my Opty to 3Ghz on air with acceptable load temps.

lol- now my folks have that rig so my little sister can game. Funny how things progress... :lol:

Qbert
11-18-09, 05:53 PM
Air flow is a must. Back when I had my two 640MB 8800GTS in SLi with an Opty 185 @ 3Ghz... they actually stayed relatively cool. If I recall, they never breached 50*C in my rig. Mind you, it had insane airflow- a 140mm fan in the front for intake, a 250mm fan on the side for intake, and dual high-CFM 80mm fans on the back as exhaust. Under full load, they barely got above 50*C if I recall... like a max of 52*C or something like that. Not over clocked, at stock speeds, but cool enough that I got my Opty to 3Ghz on air with acceptable load temps.

lol- now my folks have that rig so my little sister can game. Funny how things progress... :lol:

Those are good temps for SLIed GTS' you CFM master you!

...& your little sister is lucky to have a big bro like you. ;)

lee63
11-18-09, 10:26 PM
well I have a Evga 8800 GTS 320mb for sale...$50 shipped if anyone is interested, just pm me and LMK

Heat: lee63