View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 MP info coming soon
09-15-09, 09:09 AM
Some tweets from around the web:
Fourzerotwo posted the following via twitter (http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo), yesterday:Landed in Los Angeles. 48 hrs w/ no sleep & no time to rest now. Our big multiplayer reveal event is tommorrow. Rehersals today. Can't wait!
Geoff Keigh's twitter (http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley) page:Heads up: Should be lots of good Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer info hitting tomorrow night.
TheRealRudedog:It's 7am LA time, it's going to be a very late night tonight.
you are not TheRealRudedog?
09-15-09, 09:26 AM
you are not TheRealRudedog?
09-15-09, 09:45 AM
09-15-09, 10:25 AM
:D yes, I am the real deal. However someone else got to "MY" name first on Twitter. - damn them to hell.
I've also updated the post to make it a bit more clear - Hey I only got 4 hours of sleep last night .
Can't wait for the new intel
try and get some sleep bro:D
09-15-09, 11:31 AM
Hope the trip goes well, and you get some sleep.
bet it will be a console first release multiplayer :(
does it use the same engine as cod4/cod w@w?
09-16-09, 05:58 PM
Quick overview, sorry for the delay. I just got home
Below is information from a very quick interview with Infinity Ward's Jason West. It should be noted that this was a 100% console only event, and Jason was kind enought to sit down and talk PC shop. He and the rest of the IW staff where very busy with interviews from large media sites.
The big questions are Mod tools, dedicated server bits as well as Linux support.
- They are all on the list however as of right now it looks like they will not be in the box or be released on day 1.
How well will IW support the PC side of the game, once released
- They are committed to the PC side of the game and will support it as IW has supported their past titles.
- Their co-op special forces mode will be invite only, no dedicated servers for co-op
- They are currently looking very closely at steam for match making via online play
- They will be using the same type of master servers as Modern Warfare. They are not using GFW
- There will be DLC however it's up to their parent company in regards to how DLC will be distributed (paid, delayed, or sponsored) - nothing has been decieded yet but they are looking to support MW2 for a very long time via DLC
About admin features
- The bad news is there will be a lot of console type features, which Jason did not go into detail. There was not much in regards to dedicated server type features. He did say "some cool features" but was more or less talking about console side of the game and what they would port over to the PC
I asked the silent treatment towards the PC side of this game.
- I was told it was because they are all hands on deck to get the console game into Microsoft Xbox 360 certification. Once that is done, they will be working on the PC side. It sounded like there was not much done as of yet.... hello the game going to be released soon.
Based on the answer I got above, I asked about the release date for the PC version.
- I was told as of today, it's on schedule and they don't see a delay.
Will there be a console or PC demo/beta
- No and No. Neither version will have any type of demo. Jason said, they feel their customers want them to spend all their time on the game and not distracted by a demo/beta
That's about it. I had about 5-8 minutes with Jason as he was very very busy. I also tried to make the round and talk to all the staff manning the console stations. Over and over I was told this was a console only event and they had no comment in regards to anything PC.
09-24-09, 06:34 PM
8 Minutes of leaked MW2 SP footage - I am simply blown away, can't wait for Nov-10!!
09-24-09, 06:49 PM
oh man, so many civilians to avoid :headexplode:
Looks awesome. :D
09-24-09, 08:07 PM
looks cool. same action, different place.
09-25-09, 06:57 AM
that first mission looks great. im really looking forward to this now!
Wow I just saw that, apparently I don't know if anyone knows this, but you can throw knifes in game!
09-26-09, 05:27 AM
Rup, GL & HF
I can't wait for this game...i39 here we come.
yep the throwing knife thing is gonna be fun!.
i can't wait for this game tho, it will replace my mw1 playtime with mw2 :). been itching for a good fps multiplayer game.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.