PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are buying Halo ODST?

Pages : [1] 2

XP_GUN
09-19-09, 09:41 PM
Ill be buying the soundtrack and game, sorry to say im a Halo Fan, at least when it comes to the Music of it :)

crainger
09-19-09, 10:48 PM
Nah, not me. I bought Halo 2 and 3 on release only to be let down after all the hype. There are plenty of other games so I'll wait for now.

Eliminator
09-20-09, 12:19 AM
i might get it... i just liked the original halo... halo 2 and 3 were not nearly as good

1337_Like_ThaT
09-20-09, 12:38 AM
Yep, I am here- picking up the LE version

If Firefight mode is anything close to GOW Horde, I'll be happy

NarcissistZero
09-20-09, 12:45 AM
Nah, not me. I bought Halo 2 and 3 on release only to be let down after all the hype. There are plenty of other games so I'll wait for now.

Same exact thing here... too many awesome games coming this season for me to take a risk on this Halo being better than the last two.

Plus, video footage looks icky to me.

Ywap
09-20-09, 02:16 AM
At some point i will. Im not a console player but ive played and liked the Halo series. Im currently playing Wolfenstein on pc and both Red Faction: Guerrilla and Resident Evil 5 are on their way so i might not find the time. And not only that, i just read that Call of Prypiat has gone gold so...

NarcissistZero
09-20-09, 02:30 AM
I like how the reviews are all in the 8's, for the most part... like, just a teensy bit of rebellion against the series. No reviewer who wants to keep getting interviews and exclusives would give it below an 8, I imagine, but they are trying their best to signal this one might be of lesser value.

The gametrailers.com review was amusing... the game looks like total ass, anyone playing games in the last 2-3 years knows it looks like ass, but they still praise the "mood" of the graphics and talk about how it looks completely different from Halo 2/3, which it doesn't at all.

Ywap
09-20-09, 03:16 AM
Halo 3 wasnt a looker, thats for sure. The motion blur with framerate drops wasnt exactly a turn on either.

Ive never really been excited for a Halo release but when ive bought the games ive always enjoyed them. They havent got the graphics but the gameplay and atmosphere is always threre :)

S.I.N
09-20-09, 12:21 PM
Have mine pre-orderd for release day delivery. Its like its cool to not like Halo because its popular but once you get into it that game is fun as hell. I have leaned to just accept it for what it is which is a better than average series that's slightly overrated by those that got into genre from first playing it on the original Xbox, but in the end it still deserves much of the praise.

Lyme
09-20-09, 12:46 PM
Pre-ordered last week, got a irc buddy to run the campaign with.

ATi
09-20-09, 01:08 PM
No definitely not :nono:

+1:thumbdwn:

Mr. Hunt
09-20-09, 04:20 PM
No. Halo 1 was garbage, Halo 2 was garbage, Halo 3 was garbage. Why would I be interested?

six_storm
09-20-09, 04:26 PM
No 360 here. Even if I did, I would wait for it to hit the bargin bin. I think the Halo series has been overplayed. I enjoyed Halo 3 but not THAT much.

trivium nate
09-20-09, 04:53 PM
my friend pre ordered it

ralinn
09-20-09, 05:03 PM
Loved Halo 1 but the others were lacking even though I bought them all. I've learned my lesson now though - so no. :)

NarcissistZero
09-20-09, 05:07 PM
Have mine pre-orderd for release day delivery. Its like its cool to not like Halo because its popular but once you get into it that game is fun as hell. I have leaned to just accept it for what it is which is a better than average series that's slightly overrated by those that got into genre from first playing it on the original Xbox, but in the end it still deserves much of the praise.

I don't hate Halo 2/3 because it's cool, I hate them because they were extremely dissapointing follow-ups to a brilliant first game.

trivium nate
09-20-09, 05:15 PM
my friend said one fo his friends on xbox live on his friends list has the game allready

ATi
09-20-09, 05:56 PM
No. Halo 1 was garbage, Halo 2 was garbage, Halo 3 was garbage. Why would I be interested?:rolleyes2halo was great for its time BUT it would have been ALOT better if they made it for PC only!:wonder: you guys seen the halo1 pc videos before it was made on xbox?it had huge a$s maps

crainger
09-20-09, 07:04 PM
my friend said one fo his friends on xbox live on his friends list has the game allready

It was released today here (21st).

trivium nate
09-20-09, 09:07 PM
your location says australia but the guys location who was playing it is in the usa ny state

dikinher
09-20-09, 10:46 PM
I don't have the game yet but some people in the teamxbox forums are comparing it to Halo 2 because the consistent city level design. Pretty much all the levels look the same.

jlippo
09-22-09, 02:18 AM
Will most likely buy it when I find it pre-owned and with decent price tag <30€.
Perhaps late next year? ;)

LordJuanlo
09-22-09, 04:33 AM
I'll pass on this one. I really enjoyed and finished the first Halo on PC, the second Halo was a very bad game IMO, but managed to finish it anyway. And after two hours playing Halo 3 on the 360 I stopped, not as bad as Halo 2 but it didn't hook me.

Yaboze
09-22-09, 09:17 AM
I'm going to pick it up in about an hour or so.

thor1182
09-22-09, 09:39 AM
played it a bit last night and so far like what I am seeing. Its graphics seem better than what Halo3 sported, although not going to win any awards for them. Haven't played long enough to have a good guess on the game play, but didn't hit anything I didn't like.