PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live .... Wow it changed a lot this year.

Tygerwoody
09-21-09, 02:48 PM
NBA Live .... Wow it changed a lot this year.

The graphics are much much better. The gameplay/controls? Well, they are much much worse. For the past 13+ years I have been a devoted NBA Live fan . I've played or bought every single one of them. This year promised a huge change in gameplay due to the hiring of one of 2k's top designers. Well they were right, it did change. It changed a lot, for the worse!

I don't even know where to begin. The controls are just terrible and completely unresponsive. They decided it was a good idea to put 99% of all commands of the game into two buttons. Needless to say, it doesn't work. There is NO defense in this new game. I used kobe bryant and took shots where ever I wanted and made 90% of them. Guarded or not, it didn't matter. On the flip side, I couldn't guard the opposing team's players at all. They never came close to winning, but it was still frustrating knowing i was doing nothing to guard.

NBA Live 2010 is broken. I officially placed my preorder for NBA 2k10 this year and will own my very first 2k game. NBA 2k10 Draft Combine has let me see the light.

Q
09-21-09, 03:06 PM
The defense wasn't perfect in 2k9, but guarding was at least useful to some degree.

jAkUp
09-21-09, 03:46 PM
Actually I feel that it is much improved.. most people are saying this year is a huge upgrade. You can play on all star or superstar for the better defense.

1337_Like_ThaT
09-21-09, 04:29 PM
I was 14/15 with Kobe Bryant- dropping 3's like crazy. So far from what I can tell, this game is a downgrade from last year's version

I will definately will be picking up 2k10- especially since they are doing the 10th anniversary Collectors edition this year and it has kobe bryant on the covery ;)

ViN86
09-21-09, 04:31 PM
There is NO defense in this new game. I used kobe bryant and took shots where ever I wanted and made 90% of them. Guarded or not, it didn't matter. On the flip side, I couldn't guard the opposing team's players at all. They never came close to winning, but it was still frustrating knowing i was doing nothing to guard.
So it's like the real NBA...

Retrolock
09-21-09, 07:58 PM
Nah, Kobe Bryant doesn't make 90% of his shots :p

ViN86
09-21-09, 09:16 PM
Nah, Kobe Bryant doesn't make 90% of his shots :p

hehe :D

Tygerwoody
09-22-09, 09:20 AM
I was 14/15 with Kobe Bryant- dropping 3's like crazy. So far from what I can tell, this game is a downgrade from last year's version

Sounds like my experience.

JakUp. I think me and you are the only ones here who always defend NBA Live. This year, it just plays like an unfinished game.

Graphics are 100 times better than 2k though.

delas52
09-22-09, 09:54 AM
ive always gone 2k, but ill prolly try the demo out to see how the game coudve gotten any worse

DiscipleDOC
09-22-09, 10:05 AM
Madden '10 has improved from last year as well. :thumbsup: