PDA

View Full Version : PhysX System Software 9.09.0914 64-bit ready

xavier2k5
09-23-09, 03:21 AM
Source:
http://physxinfo.com/news/271/physx-system-software-9-09-0914/

New 64-bit ready version of PhysX System Software is released. It contains updated .dlls for SDK 2.8.1 and runtimes for new SDK 2.8.3.

Another feature – installation paths are changed now, so all vital libraries and files are stored in “..\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX” folder instead of “..\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies” – this also makes PhysX drivers more compatible with Windows 7 OS.

Links:
http://physxinfo.com/files/PhysX_9.09.14_SystemSoftware.exe

http://rapidshare.com/files/283676391/PhysX_9.09.14_SystemSoftware.exe

or just wait until it appears at nvidia website.

Grechie
09-23-09, 06:49 AM
thanks for this ! :)

AdamK47
09-28-09, 11:48 AM
Avoid these PhysX drivers. They have support completly stripped from some games. Mirror's Edge being one of them.

shilk
09-28-09, 06:01 PM
It works for me in Mirror's Edge, but the lag issue can't be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling these. Before, if you play a PhysX title and went back to Mirror's Edge, it would lag like crazy. This issue could be solved by uninstalling PhysX and then reinstalling it. With these, the issue of laggy PhysX still remins if you uninstall/reinstall them. :(

I'm beginning to think it's Mirror's Edge that's causing the issues instead of PhysX itself.

AdamK47
09-28-09, 06:06 PM
It works for me in Mirror's Edge, but the lag issue can't be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling these. Before, if you play a PhysX title and went back to Mirror's Edge, it would lag like crazy. This issue could be solved by uninstalling PhysX and then reinstalling it. With these, the issue of laggy PhysX still remins if you uninstall/reinstall them. :(

I'm beginning to think it's Mirror's Edge that's causing the issues instead of PhysX itself.

If you use drivers that support the PhysX visual indicator you'll notice that indicator never appears. Install 814 and it will magically appear and the game will play smoothly.

shilk
09-28-09, 06:53 PM
Probably because they're in a different installation directory now.

I can assure you that there's PhysX in Mirror's Edge, but it's very slow with 914. If there wasn't any PhysX, the broken glass effects and such would be the typical "break-away" version as if you didn't have PhysX installed. Kind of makes me wonder why it works for titles like Batman: AA and Mass Effect, but not in Mirror's Edge.

What other titles did you try where PhysX didn't work with this release?

LordJuanlo
09-29-09, 01:37 AM
I don't have PhysX (yet) so I can't test it, but have you guys tried to delete or rename PhysXCore.dll and PhysXDevice.dll from Mirror's Edge binaries folder?. This way the game should use the latest DLL in your system

shilk
09-29-09, 11:24 AM
Dude. That worked! :thumbsup:

Not only can I run Mirror's Edge with the new 914 PhysX, there was also a performance increase as well! I'm going to try playing some Mass Effect and see if the lag is there. If this fixes the issue, I'm going to be pretty damn happy. Thanks again! :)

LordJuanlo
09-29-09, 11:41 AM
Glad it worked!

I wonder why developers still like to keep this kind of files in game folders... they are preventing the game to benefit from driver updates.

shilk
09-29-09, 12:01 PM
Yeah, no kidding.

Okay, quick update. I was able to play Mass Effect, mess around with some PhysX in it — everything was great. Went back into Mirror's Edge, and then it worked with NO LAG! After all this time, I didn't think I'd be able to play either of these games without having to install PhysX every single time. So with the fix posted above, you no longer have to install PhsyX just to play every single time you switch from different PhysX games, namely Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect. I did delete the PhysXCore.dll in the binaries folder for Mass Effect to stay consistent just in case.

Thank you so much, man! :) I'm so happy.

badboy64
09-29-09, 06:34 PM
Also UT3 with the PhysX maps work excellent too. I just deleted the Physicking.dll from that directory and UT3 flies. I play Mirror's Edge and Batman too. Thanks for tip with Mirror's Edge. :)

nekrosoft13
09-29-09, 07:22 PM
so you guys that delete physx dll from game folders and tha actually works?

shilk
09-29-09, 10:01 PM
Yep. I've tested this many, many times to figure out what exactly was going on before. With the above fix, it works like magic — no joke. I was doing a double-take to make sure I wasn't seeing things, either. I even reverted the change to test it again, and the bug was back. So this fix works awesome. :)

I reported this a handful of months ago, and also was recommended to file a NVIDIA bug report. Of course they never fixed it, even after at least 10 revisons of PhysX and GeForce drivers.

If you have the games installed, check it out. It only takes a few files to move and check, but the peace of mind not having to keep on reinstalling the PhsX software is a godsend. I can just pay games now. :D

nekrosoft13
09-29-09, 11:55 PM
just tried Mirrors Edge, wow that worked. plus started using the Physx indicator, so it clearly displays Physx GPU

nekrosoft13
09-30-09, 12:05 AM
what other games have you tested?

nekrosoft13
09-30-09, 01:15 AM
you mentioned mass effect, i see no difference

LordJuanlo
09-30-09, 02:56 AM
I'm shocked about this, I started doing that kind of experiments years ago with Battlefield 1942, that game used a local copy of OpenAL32.dll for 3D audio. This shouldn't be allowed, those kind of files must be on system folder only, having local copies of those DLLs is a very bad practice imo.

However it can be useful for the user. Sometimes I have downloaded an updated ATI drivers that broke compatibility with certain game (Necrovision comes to mind, it crashed on launch after updating Catalyst). I tried to copy ATIUMDAG.DLL file from the old driver to the game binaries folder and problem solved. Since I did it, I get a copy of this DLL from every driver, to try older drivers without reinstalling anything.

AdamK47
09-30-09, 06:19 AM
I renamed the two files to .org and started Mirror's Edge with these new PhysX drivers. It worked perfects. Might even be faster too, but that may just be me.

shilk
09-30-09, 11:27 AM
you mentioned mass effect, i see no difference

I have a save point where I test PhysX — Feros. It's the part right when you get to the first gate with your MAKO. There's tons of crates, tires, and weird satellite stands. Not to mention a lot of Geth. If you blast them with the MAKO's cannon, you should get some pretty nice PhysX effects with no lag or stutter. Without the fix, there's stutter when they break apart.

If that's too far into the game, you can test it out on Eden Prime right before you get to the spaceport. There's about 4 crates that use PhysX right before you get to the train.

The most important thing was that it's consistency between playing different PhsX titles. Not having to reinstall is a blessing in itself, heh. :)

I'm shocked about this, I started doing that kind of experiments years ago with Battlefield 1942, that game used a local copy of OpenAL32.dll for 3D audio. This shouldn't be allowed, those kind of files must be on system folder only, having local copies of those DLLs is a very bad practice imo.
Do you think the same could be done with OpenAL titles as well? They majorly screwed up 5.1 sound on Mass Effect and other titles as well. Most games take a bit of tweaking to even get the sound right.

LordJuanlo
09-30-09, 01:48 PM
You can always try it, the OpenAL trick fixed an audio problem for me some years ago with Battlefield 1942.

For Mass Effect I remember I was able to fix the 5.1 problem by editing some settings in one .ini file, the same trick that fixed Gears of War 5.1. I can't remember now, but if you do a search on Epic Games forums, you can find it out.

shilk
09-30-09, 06:12 PM
Oh, I know the Mass Effect fix for 5.1, but like I said, it takes a lot of messing around with config files. The retarted Q&A lead guy at Bioware can't even find his own balls since the people on the forums had to point out this issue and Garrus for over the past year to him. The funny thing is that he said he knew about it, then proceeded to break the game even more though his "fix" when the community had it right all along, then try to cover it up by saying how he didn't know about it in the end — just like the Garrus bug. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, retards like this still get paid to do whatever it is they do while people are losing their damned houses and crap and trying to find a job.

Anyways, sorry about that rant, lol.

There was a recent game that required deleting the OpenAL files in the game's directory to get it to work as well. I know EverQuest did, and for the life of me, can't remember at the moment — I think it was The Witcher.