PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS4 crash

Toss3
09-30-09, 08:38 AM
Having a problem getting Photoshop CS4 to play nicely with Windows 7, OpenGL Drawing and my nvidia display drivers; Photoshop crashes almost immediately after applying the vanishing point filter. Uninstalling the drivers or turning the "OpenGL Drawing" solves the problem, but that's far from a solution as OpenGL Drawing has many advantages that I don't want to forfeit.

Anyone else suffering from similar problems(ati guys - feel free to chip in)?

Using Windows 7 64-bit RTM, Photoshop CS4 11.0.1 and the 186.91 drivers from nvidia(tried the whql drivers also to no affect).

EDIT: Turning off OpenGL drawing did not solve the problem, but a complete uninstall of the display drivers seems to have done the trick(getting horrible tearing though). One funny thing I found is that Windows runs much quicker now with no display driver installed(anything from loading a file to opening a program is lightning fast).

daymo
11-04-09, 02:34 PM
I am having exactly the same problem, I will try uninstalling the display driver. Did you have an update at all?

Thanks

daymo
11-04-09, 02:39 PM
That does indeed fix it, but.... only one monitor:thumbdwn:

FallenAngel
11-04-09, 03:52 PM
Do you people have D3DOverrider loaded while using PS?
If so, unload it or make a profile to disable it for PS...

daymo
11-04-09, 04:05 PM
Do you people have D3DOverrider loaded while using PS?
If so, unload it or make a profile to disable it for PS...

Sadly no. Thanks for the suggestion though,

Toss3
11-04-09, 04:28 PM
Never got it working on my old 8800GTS, but now with my 5850 it works without issues. Don't know why nvidia hasn't fixed this yet, considering the amount of people using this application on a day to day basis.

LovingSticky
11-06-09, 09:06 AM
Using CS4 x64, 191.07 WHQL drivers on Win 7 x64, and no crashes. GPU acceleration enabled.

daymo
11-07-09, 07:56 AM
Disabling the Aero theme works. (nana2)

Tried the 191.07 WHQL driver as described by LovingSticky but still crashing when using Vanishing Point.