PDA

View Full Version : WHQL 191.07 Vista/7 64 bit drivers.

Pages : [1] 2

VoodooKing
10-05-09, 09:37 AM
Direct link

64 bit Vista/7
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/191.07/191.07_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.ex e

32 bit Vista/7
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/191.07/191.07_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.ex e

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 191.07

Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
New in Release 190/191 Drivers

Includes WHQL support for DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series or higher graphics cards.
Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0814.
Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover, a complete, low cost solution to start your immersive stereoscopic 3D experience. NOTE: If you are using NVIDIA 3D Vision active shutter glasses, you must download the separate 3D Vision driver which includes the driver for the 3D Vision IR emitter.
Supports CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
Supports a new user-controlled power management setting for select GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (only available on cards that already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
Existing Support:

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

methimpikehoses
10-05-09, 10:09 AM
thanks

|MaguS|
10-05-09, 10:47 AM
Are these still like the beta where they are absolute **** for Fallout 3? If so how the hell can they claim 14% improvement...

FlakMagnet
10-05-09, 11:52 AM
"3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application"

Woot! :D

LitHiuM
10-05-09, 12:08 PM
Not even gonna bother with these if all that has changed is the WHQL certification.

Yaboze
10-05-09, 12:09 PM
Need Fallout 3 info. I'm too lazy. :)

nekrosoft13
10-05-09, 01:07 PM
fallout 3 still busted

|MaguS|
10-05-09, 02:21 PM
Not even gonna bother with these if all that has changed is the WHQL certification.

Which is so pointless...

If Fallout is still broken then how can they dare claim 14% improvement? Nvidia really thinks the majority of their customers are idiots...

Yaboze
10-05-09, 03:05 PM
Looks like I'm sticking with 186.18.

BelligerentBill
10-05-09, 03:20 PM
I haven't played Fallout 3 in quite some time but I decided to test it out and sure enough it stutters like mad.

What I don't get is that this problem has apparently existed for so long now why hasn't it been fixed? Perhaps the problem doesn't lie entirely with Nvidia's drivers... does anyone have this problem in Oblivion? Every other game I have seems to work fine so wtf. Honestly I think Fallout worked a helluva lot better back when it was first released. Patches have gone and f_cked some things up such as VATS (delay when entering mode) and the mouse sensitivity is all screwy in the menus/PIP Boy. Pretty damn disappointing as I was thinking about finishing the game. I quit playing it after hitting the gay level cap and realizing the EXP increase perks were essentially pointless and a waste of 3 perk upgrades since you hit level 20 long before finishing the game. Excuse my little rant but all in all Fallout 3 has enough poor design decisions and bugs that I'm inclined to think this isn't much of an Nvidia problem as it is a Bethesda problem.

|MaguS|
10-05-09, 03:42 PM
I haven't played Fallout 3 in quite some time but I decided to test it out and sure enough it stutters like mad.

What I don't get is that this problem has apparently existed for so long now why hasn't it been fixed? Perhaps the problem doesn't lie entirely with Nvidia's drivers... does anyone have this problem in Oblivion? Every other game I have seems to work fine so wtf. Honestly I think Fallout worked a helluva lot better back when it was first released. Patches have gone and f_cked some things up such as VATS (delay when entering mode) and the mouse sensitivity is all screwy in the menus/PIP Boy. Pretty damn disappointing as I was thinking about finishing the game. I quit playing it after hitting the gay level cap and realizing the EXP increase perks were essentially pointless and a waste of 3 perk upgrades since you hit level 20 long before finishing the game. Excuse my little rant but all in all Fallout 3 has enough poor design decisions and bugs that I'm inclined to think this isn't much of an Nvidia problem as it is a Bethesda problem.

It's not Fallout because going back to the 186 resolves the issues completly.

LitHiuM
10-05-09, 03:45 PM
Looks like I'm sticking with 186.18.

Same as me to keep good performance in WoW..

Logical
10-05-09, 03:46 PM
Just installed these..CoD4, NFS:Shift, BatmanAA and Resident Evil 5 all running sweet.

:)

shilk
10-05-09, 05:17 PM
Been using the non WHQL ones for a while now, and never had any issues what so ever. Happy with these drivers. :)

As for the Fallout 3 issue, have you guys tried the mod that smooths out the cache for the game? It's like the cell cleaner for Oblivion.

methimpikehoses
10-05-09, 05:44 PM
Worked fine on Batman and cod:W@W...

nekrosoft13
10-05-09, 06:01 PM
Been using the non WHQL ones for a while now, and never had any issues what so ever. Happy with these drivers. :)

As for the Fallout 3 issue, have you guys tried the mod that smooths out the cache for the game? It's like the cell cleaner for Oblivion.

link?

|MaguS|
10-05-09, 06:47 PM

Wont fix the stutter issue. I'm even using the 3GB+ Mod.

shilk
10-05-09, 07:03 PM
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8886

Bethesda forum link here (http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1034544).

There's an alpha build, but it might be a good idea to keep an eye on the topic just in case they finally get everything ironed out. :)

Also, there Tweakin it Out (http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=256) on fallout3nexus.

Yaboze
10-05-09, 07:08 PM

We could try a mod for FO3, but the point is the game runs perfectly with the 186.18 driver and runs horribly with any driver in the 19x.xx series, including the last 2 WHQL drivers and in the in between betas.

Yaboze
10-05-09, 07:11 PM
I wonder if Nvidia is running FO3 out of the box with their current drivers, i.e. no patches.

It might run OK and get these improvements (14%?) running off of a fresh install, unpatched from the DVD's.

/shrugs

betterdan
10-05-09, 07:19 PM
Does Real Temp 3.30 read the card temps now? The last drivers 191.03 made Real Temp stop being able to read the cards temp but it sure lowered the temps according to GPU Z which is the only program able to read card temps now. It also resulted in my CPU idling at a lower temp too. I guess the card returning to 2d speeds after exiting 3d games is the reason.
My card used to idle at 42C and is now at 33C. My CPU used to idle at about 35 or 36C and is right now at 33C

shilk
10-05-09, 07:49 PM
I wonder if Nvidia is running FO3 out of the box with their current drivers, i.e. no patches.

It might run OK and get these improvements (14%?) running off of a fresh install, unpatched from the DVD's.

/shrugs

Didn't one of the patches (1.5, iirc) break mods and stuff in the game? If so, that could be the culprit as well. Could be a mod compatability issue or that the mods haven't been updated to use the new .ini entries or something. I remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to wait for mod updates for Oblivion because of this. There was also a thing about using nHancer and selecting "200100C5: Gamebryo (Oblivion, Fallout3)" in the compatability tab.

Trying to remember stuff that I've come across. :o

|MaguS|
10-05-09, 09:47 PM
Didn't one of the patches (1.5, iirc) break mods and stuff in the game? If so, that could be the culprit as well. Could be a mod compatability issue or that the mods haven't been updated to use the new .ini entries or something. I remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to wait for mod updates for Oblivion because of this. There was also a thing about using nHancer and selecting "200100C5: Gamebryo (Oblivion, Fallout3)" in the compatability tab.

Trying to remember stuff that I've come across. :o

It is NOT the game. Previous drivers work fine, only the 190 series are broken. The profile by default enables AA Compatibility for Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Logical
10-06-09, 12:11 AM
Does Real Temp 3.30 read the card temps now? The last drivers 191.03 made Real Temp stop being able to read the cards temp but it sure lowered the temps according to GPU Z which is the only program able to read card temps now. It also resulted in my CPU idling at a lower temp too. I guess the card returning to 2d speeds after exiting 3d games is the reason.
My card used to idle at 42C and is now at 33C. My CPU used to idle at about 35 or 36C and is right now at 33C

Yeah im getting the same issue...no temp reading in everest or real temp...and GPU-Z shows quite low temps 36c compared to 45c which i used to get.

BelligerentBill
10-06-09, 12:24 AM
It's not Fallout because going back to the 186 resolves the issues completly.

But that's not to say that Nvidia hasn't implemented or changed something that actually does function properly according to spec that has triggered the issues with Fallout 3 and that Bethesda may need to conform to spec. It's hard to say really unless someone at Bethesda can confirm or deny. Either way this one game having a problem isn't enough to keep me away from the 191.07's. Every driver release has a problem with some game somewhere it's really just a matter of what game an end user wishes to play. If you tend to play Fallout 3 (or any other game) more than anything else then it's perfectly fine to use another driver.