PDA

View Full Version : World in Conflict Gold Edition Help

JediKnight
10-07-09, 05:44 PM
Hi all, I just got WIC:Gold Edition from Direct2Drive.com for $5. and want to play as Allied side. Everytime I load the game and want to start a Campaign, I start as Soviet. I know the Gold has the original game plus Soviet Assault. Why cant I load the original game? thanks for all replies.

agentkay
10-07-09, 06:35 PM
The Gold edition includes the "Soviet Assault" expansion/campaign where you play a few new missions from the Soviet side. These new missions are mixed into the old campaign and they use it as a way of improved storytelling by letting the player experience the story through both sides. There is no way to only play the American missions, or only play the Soviet missions unless you finish the game and replay the missions seperately.

I thought the story was better and far more complete with the incl. Soviet missions and cutscenes.

NarcissistZero
10-07-09, 08:27 PM
I noticed that is listed as "DRM Free" as well, which makes it an amazing deal.

DirkBelig
10-08-09, 12:46 AM
This is weird: I was able to benchmark WIC and do the tutorial last night, but when I started the campaign, after the Alec Baldwin narration, it goes to a black screen and that's it. Went back and re-ran benchmark and it didn't stop and give a score, but kept playing out the scenario and I was able fly the camera around. Huh? All my searching has led to either pirates complaining about problems or relating to problems installing from the DVD. My system is newly built, up to date in drivers and more than enough to run the game. What the heck?

Rig:
* Gigabyte GA-UX58-UD5 (F9e)
* Core i7 920 (D0) @ stock ATM
* Corsair Hydro H50 water cooler
* 12GB (6 x 2GB) Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 (9-9-9-24)
* 2 PNY 8800GT 512MB SLI (191.03 WHQL)
* X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS audio (after 10/22)
* 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda
* 2 Samsung S223B DVD-RW
* 750W PC Power & Cooling Silencer
* Cooler Master HAF 922
* Windows 7 Enterprise RTM

I've tried changing resolutions, detail levels, etc. with no joy. Crysis, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed run fine.

JediKnight
10-08-09, 09:31 PM
thanks agentkay, will play it. :-)