PDA

View Full Version : Oddworld Console Titles Coming to PC - Much's Odyssey and Stanger's Wrath

NarcissistZero
10-09-09, 11:10 PM
Blues News: http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=103013

AWESOME NEWS.

I have never played either, as they did not come to PC when I was "PC or nothing".

RAY16
10-10-09, 12:07 AM
I played Munch's Oddysee back when I had an Xbox and never finished it and sold the Xbox before Strangers Wrath came out. I'm totally going to get this when it comes out.

CaptNKILL
10-10-09, 12:52 AM
This is good news.

The oddworld games must have sold really well on Steam for them to go to all the trouble to port two entire games over to PC.

I haven't had much time to play them but I bought them when they were on sale. They seem like pretty interesting games. Sort of like Flashback and Blackthorne except the player doesn't shoot.

nutcrackr
10-10-09, 12:53 AM
The oddworld games must have sold really well on Steam for them to go to all the trouble to port two entire games over to PC.
was thinking the same thing, it's also on good old games if I recall.

Mr. Hunt
10-10-09, 01:34 AM
Hopefully these ones DO NOT sell. The first two games were good, these ones were garbage.

NarcissistZero
10-10-09, 02:51 AM
Hopefully these ones DO NOT sell. The first two games were good, these ones were garbage.

I have heard Strangers Wrath is awesome.

RAY16
10-10-09, 04:45 AM
I have heard Strangers Wrath is awesome.

Most people (including myself) found Munch's Oddysee to be a bit of a disappointment. Partly due to it being their first attempt at putting the game world and mechanics into a 3D world space. It was probably also because it was originally being developed for the PS2 and then got a bit of a quick 'n dirty port and slight makeover when it turned Xbox exclusive. I still enjoyed the first half of the game, though. Wish I would have finished it.

On the other hand, Strangers Wrath is pretty widely accepted by critics and users as being a fun and inventive FPS game (for the time, at least). I'm really looking forward to being able to finally play through it.

Nitz Walsh
10-10-09, 09:36 AM
WTF?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/oddworldstranger?q=strangers%20wrath

NarcissistZero
10-10-09, 05:55 PM
WTF?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/oddworldstranger?q=strangers%20wrath

Neither of them released on Playstation, so for Hunt they suck. :p

Drolfrawd
10-10-09, 06:04 PM
Is this the genre/aka Abe's oddworld?

Mr. Hunt
10-10-09, 06:48 PM
WTF?

And? OMGZ reviewers didn't hate it, must be awesome. Oh wait, they also say crappy games are 90+ sometimes, too. Guess I don't know what games are good for myself anymore.

AdamK47
10-10-09, 08:24 PM
Great news! I'd buy and play em.

Nitz Walsh
10-11-09, 01:05 PM
And? OMGZ reviewers didn't hate it, must be awesome. Oh wait, they also say crappy games are 90+ sometimes, too. Guess I don't know what games are good for myself anymore.
If you're contributing your opinion of something on a forum, it usually helps to have some actual reasoning behind it.

It's as if you were on a movie forum and said "God why the **** are they releasing Chinatown on Blu-Ray, it's garbage! I hope it fails!", and someone of course responds with the awards its received and wonders what the heck is wrong with you- your rebuttal is "Ah so what, critics can be wrong sometimes!".

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're an imbecile and should stop posting.

Mr. Hunt
10-11-09, 05:26 PM
If you're contributing your opinion of something on a forum, it usually helps to have some actual reasoning behind it.

It's as if you were on a movie forum and said "God why the **** are they releasing Chinatown on Blu-Ray, it's garbage! I hope it fails!", and someone of course responds with the awards its received and wonders what the heck is wrong with you- your rebuttal is "Ah so what, critics can be wrong sometimes!".

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're an imbecile and should stop posting.

Oh no, what will I ever do?! Some random guy on the internet doesn't like my opinion and thinks I should stop posting. My life is over.

/suicide

fizzelopeguss
10-12-09, 12:12 AM
And? OMGZ reviewers didn't hate it, must be awesome. Oh wait, they also say crappy games are 90+ sometimes, Like Kojima titles.

Mr. Hunt
10-12-09, 12:19 AM
Like Kojima titles.

Oh no, you have murdered me. I shall go slit my wrists now... TONIGHT THE BLADE WILL TASTE MY BLUDZ!

RAY16
10-12-09, 01:45 AM
Like Kojima titles.

Oh snap, I was waiting to see if somebody would go there.

Nitz Walsh
10-12-09, 12:16 PM
Oh no, what will I ever do?! Some random guy on the internet doesn't like my opinion and thinks I should stop posting. My life is over.

/suicide
I didn't say I didn't like your opinion, I implied the path you took to reach that opinion went through your colon.

Pay attention silly!(nana2)

Mr. Hunt
10-12-09, 12:22 PM
I didn't say I didn't like your opinion, I implied the path you took to reach that opinion went through your colon.

Pay attention silly!(nana2)

I refuse to pay attention. So you hush your mouth up.

lawlz

Nitz Walsh
10-12-09, 12:37 PM
I refuse to pay attention. So you hush your mouth up.

lawlz
Yep no better to show indifference than constant replies!

MGS fan demonstrates cognitive processing inhibition, film at 11

NarcissistZero
10-12-09, 06:52 PM
Oh no, you have murdered me. I shall go slit my wrists now... TONIGHT THE BLADE WILL TASTE MY BLUDZ!

Your love for MGS makes sense now, you're totally emo!

fizzelopeguss
10-12-09, 07:06 PM

http://www.layoutcodez.net/personalized/google/success_baby70989908.jpg