PDA

View Full Version : AMD Fusion Desktops

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
10-10-09, 01:15 AM
Just thought i would check this out and has weird effects on my HTPC.

Got a Phenom x2 965 with a 4870 ati and 790fx dragon setup for this and use some of ati's stuff like overdrive and fusion but what about fusion for desktops?

It changed my power settings and removed some of my icons down by the clock and sidebar so whats the deal with this or has anyone used it?

a12ctic
10-10-09, 01:22 AM
edit: what?

bob saget
10-10-09, 02:11 AM
the real question should be: What is the King of Cool doing with sub-par hardware.
Everyone knows Intel dominates all segments of the marketplace.

Viral
10-10-09, 04:59 AM
Fusion isn't out yet, it's AMD's first GPU and CPU one one package. Don't know what you're talking about...

AthlonXP1800
10-10-09, 06:40 AM
It changed my power settings and removed some of my icons down by the clock and sidebar so whats the deal with this or has anyone used it?

It because you broke the NDA of future AMD Fusion desktop!

breathemetal
10-10-09, 12:57 PM
someone shoot this mother****er already

PeterJensen
10-10-09, 01:06 PM
whut?

mullet
10-10-09, 01:10 PM
I just made fusion in my underwear just now.

Mr Bigman
10-10-09, 01:52 PM
That breath mental guy really needs to shut his mouth or i will shut it for him.

Its a utility from amd that i guess sits on desktop and push button and it turbo charges your desktop for performance but it also shuts off stuff but it didn't turn it back on either so no biggy.

Its for HTPC bob cheap and safe cuz its all amd stuff which does good for that ****.

Bearclaw
10-10-09, 02:33 PM
I am in Iowa for the Iowa/Michigan game. It is snowing.

That's about as relalvent as OP's post.

Redeemed
10-10-09, 04:32 PM
I am in Iowa for the Iowa/Michigan game. It is snowing.

That's about as relalvent as OP's post.

I just got back from a huntin' trip with my buddy.

We were hunting for bears.

Black bears. :bleh:

Mr Bigman
10-10-09, 04:52 PM
Where have you been?

U got some amd gear redeemed do you use any of those utilities from amd?

Redeemed
10-10-09, 05:00 PM
Where have you been?

U got some amd gear redeemed do you use any of those utilities from amd?

:lol:

I've been around buddy.

No rig for me currently as my laptop went under last week. Gonna' see if I can get HP to fix it though as it's 100% hardware failure and still under warranty... hoping that doesn't prove to be too much of a hassle. :o

In the mean time, I'm gonna' throw together a cheap rig from some old parts I have laying around and limp along with that until finances get better. When they do, I'll finish building my i7 rig. :)

And no, I've not used any of their utilities so sadly I cannot comment on them. :( :o

Mr Bigman
10-10-09, 08:43 PM
Atleast you have an agenda now with getting your gear fixed up.

Im gonna have to agree with you on the no comment on amd utils.

Thought you have that 9600 or 9950 at one time my bad.

Shamrock
10-10-09, 09:46 PM
Don't mess with Fusion. I have it, and it has a warning that it disables software, and your system may become unstable.

For instance, when you're gaming, it will turn off anti-virus, and/or firewalls. (this is hypathetical situation)

Mr Bigman
10-10-09, 11:43 PM
Thats what it said too.

Shamrock why are you still on XP? Its old now and 7 is so damn word life.

Shamrock
10-11-09, 12:00 AM
Because I didn't like Vista. No worries, I am getting Win7 on the 22nd :)

K007
10-11-09, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2j_w-weXM

This fusion?

DiscipleDOC
10-11-09, 07:50 AM
I just got back from a huntin' trip with my buddy.

We were hunting for bears.

Black bears. :bleh:

Racis

Mr Bigman
10-11-09, 12:24 PM
Im gonna punch my grandmother in her face.

Yea fusion does that it takes over desktops and tweaks stuff which i don't care for cuz its for htpc server too shuvs so why and i will do racing games on it but thats all.

Redeemed
10-11-09, 01:06 PM
Racis

Only 'fer u- brown sugah. :wonder:

Im gonna punch my grandmother in her face.

Yea fusion does that it takes over desktops and tweaks stuff which i don't care for cuz its for htpc server too shuvs so why and i will do racing games on it but thats all.

Punch your grandmother in her face? Little late to the game son, I've been doing that ever since she popped your momma' out. :cool:

bob saget
10-11-09, 01:27 PM
Apparently new 5 series ATi cards should be out soon. I have been doing hours of research and have barely been able to come up with any info.

Redeemed
10-11-09, 01:43 PM
Apparently new 5 series ATi cards should be out soon. I have been doing hours of research and have barely been able to come up with any info.

BOB SAGET.

Drolfrawd
10-11-09, 02:58 PM
That breath mental guy really needs to shut his mouth or i will shut it for him.

Its a utility from amd that i guess sits on desktop and push button and it turbo charges your desktop for performance but it also shuts off stuff but it didn't turn it back on either so no biggy.

Its for HTPC bob cheap and safe cuz its all amd stuff which does good for that ****.

GTFO Half wit

Mr Bigman
10-11-09, 04:21 PM
We have trolls here and the guy above my must be breaths gay lover.

Thanks redeemed on the grandmother.

Trace Adkins gave me the green light on the slappings shaw.