PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Wii

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marvel_us
10-10-09, 05:48 PM
So my little sister just got a Wii. I'm looking for some recommendations for her and if there are any hardcore games worthwhile for me to play on it as well.

She's 12yo and not much into gaming other than PC flash games so using a conventional controller is pretty foreign to her.

Suggestions are much appreciated.:)

crainger
10-10-09, 06:56 PM
Wii Sports Resort. Only game you need really. The Wii is really a console of a few casual gems and mediocre everything else. ::(:

You could try that Mad World game, or maybe the new Dead Space.I hear it's crap though and now they are talking about a port to PC/PS3/360 to try and salvage it.

NarcissistZero
10-10-09, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the few mature games on the system are known to be mostly crappy, with controls that are actually worse than other consoles and PC.

The only non-nintendo game on the system worth a damn when I owned one was Monkey Ball. She might like that, you control it just by balancing the remote in your palm.

She could like all the Nintendo franchises really, some are harder to control than others... try Warioware, that game is fun for a few days (just rent it). Mario and Zelda if you think she can handle it. Chicks love Animal Crossing, but she is probably too young for it.

Mr. Hunt
10-10-09, 07:51 PM
Mario Galaxy is pretty fun for a while. I wouldn't recommend Zelda, personally. That series has been dead to me since OoT :\.

I will sell you my copy of Ocarina of Time Masters Quest or whatever for the gamecube (also playable in wii, don't sweat it) for like... 50 bucks ;).

methimpikehoses
10-10-09, 08:51 PM
Mario Galaxy and Excite Truck are the only games I liked much...

Lfctony
10-10-09, 09:53 PM
I got Dead Space Extraction. You have to shake around the nunchuck to charge a light... Really... Every 2 minutes... :headexplode:

Starscream
10-10-09, 10:09 PM
I got Dead Space Extraction. You have to shake around the nunchuck to charge a light... Really... Every 2 minutes... :headexplode:

wtf.

methimpikehoses
10-10-09, 10:14 PM

:udawg:

Marvel_us
10-10-09, 10:41 PM
Lol, I'll pass on Dead Space then.

I think I'm going to go with Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart for her. The Metroid Trilogy looks pretty good so I'll pick that up for myself. For the casual mini type games I'll just rent those for her to play.

Other than another Wiimote + nunchuck are there any other accessories or better cables that I should look into?

Ninja Prime
10-10-09, 10:47 PM
You probably shouldnt ask here, its too filled with PS3 fanboys and PC elitist assholes.

crainger
10-11-09, 02:36 AM
Or maybe, Wii just isn't as good once the Wii Sport hype wears off?

Tygerwoody
10-11-09, 02:52 AM
mario galaxy was pretty good. The rest of the games stink.

Lfctony
10-11-09, 03:12 AM
You probably shouldnt ask here, its too filled with PS3 fanboys and PC elitist assholes.

Or maybe, just maybe the Wii is utter sh*te regarding games? I for once, own one. So yeah, first hand experience there... And waving my arms around like a lunatic while gaming is not something I consider fun, thank you very much...

Mr. Hunt
10-11-09, 03:58 AM
Or maybe, just maybe the Wii is utter sh*te regarding games? I for once, own one. So yeah, first hand experience there... And waving my arms around like a lunatic while gaming is not something I consider fun, thank you very much...

Nope, that isn't it. It has to be that we just hate the Wii for absolutely no reason at all. It has to be.

NarcissistZero
10-11-09, 04:03 AM
I hate the Wii because it slept with my sister... WHILE SHE WAS UNDERAGE!!!!!!

I hate Nintendo so much I waited outside in the winter in Pittsburgh for 3 hours to get a Wii the week after launch and bought like 5 games with it.

Ninja Prime
10-11-09, 05:23 AM
Trying too hard now, don't be so obvious next time...

NarcissistZero
10-11-09, 06:42 AM
Trying too hard now, don't be so obvious next time...

You really find it outside the realm of possibility that I would want the console, get the console, and then form the opinion it is a piece of crap with no good games?

You are the fanboy here, sir.

H3avyM3tal
10-11-09, 06:57 AM
Crap wrapped in a nice shell is still crap.

Lfctony
10-11-09, 07:04 AM
You really find it outside the realm of possibility that I would want the console, get the console, and then form the opinion it is a piece of crap with no good games?

No. In another universe, maybe. In this one, the Wii is perfect and anyone that says otherwise is obviously an imbecile. :headexplode:

Oh, btw, I bought the Wii twice. Sold it the first time because of my obviously stupid opinion that it sucks. Then I thought I'd give it another try when more games came out. Behold, IT STILL SUCKS!

But then again, I'm obviously dumb since I hate it. Who cares what I say?

NarcissistZero
10-11-09, 08:13 AM
Oh, btw, I bought the Wii twice. Sold it the first time because of my obviously stupid opinion that it sucks. Then I thought I'd give it another try when more games came out. Behold, IT STILL SUCKS!

But then again, I'm obviously dumb since I hate it. Who cares what I say?

You're just a PC elitist console hater is all.

Graphics don't make a game dude!

Lfctony
10-11-09, 08:36 AM
You're just a PC elitist console hater is all.

Graphics don't make a game dude!

I'm a what? :o

You know I was being sarcastic right? I was agreeing with you... ;)

The 2nd and 3rd lines of my post were general, not towards your post...

|MaguS|
10-11-09, 08:46 AM
The only game on the Wii I have really like and gone back and played multiple times is House of the Dead: Overkill... It's not because the gameplay is great but because its just fun thanks to being over the top.

NarcissistZero
10-11-09, 09:20 AM
I'm a what? :o

You know I was being sarcastic right?

You know I was, right?

Lfctony
10-11-09, 09:29 AM
You know I was, right?

Apparently, not! :D Sorry. :p

Starscream
10-11-09, 03:41 PM
What I love about console fanboys these days is that if you say a machine has a lackluster lineup of games that automatically makes you a fanboy of one of the other systems.

For example

"The Wii has a crappy lineup of titles."
"ZOMG PS3 FANBOIIIIII!"
"PC LOVER CONSOLE HATER!!!!1111"
etc.

On several occasions I have almost purchased a Wii. There are several titles that interest me, but once you get beyond the handful of AAA titles the rest of the lineup is crap. Chicken shoot anyone? uhoh now I'm obviously a ps3 lover (I don't own one btw).