PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K10 on PC or how make this **** PS3 Controller work on PC

Tygerwoody
10-13-09, 07:33 AM
Well I bought it. It released on Steam. Spent at least an hour pulling my hair out with the game trying to get my controller to work properly. It still doesn't.

I tried installing my PS3 controller, and it doesn't detect in Vista for some reason. The controller itself detects, but the buttons don't.

Anyone have experience with controllers and this game? Or what about the PS3 controller? Why won't it detect? I did download the patch for sixaxis online. It didn't change anything. Buttons still do not respond.

Thanks.

NarcissistZero
10-13-09, 07:43 AM
Do you have a 360 controller? I hate to say it, but that is the default PC controller right now and everything is made to work with it.

agentkay
10-13-09, 10:39 AM
How does it compare to NBA 2K9? Are there any gameplay or graphics improvements that make the new one worth to purchase? Can you post some maxed out screenshots? Thanks in advance!

Ryeyoo
10-13-09, 11:15 AM
I usually just use a 360 controller, but I have messed with my ps3 controller on vista before. Check out the first post here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playstation-3-news/playstation-3-controller-driver-available-windows-vista-100979.html

I've only gotten the driver by the chinese programmer to work.

Tygerwoody
10-13-09, 11:50 AM
Xbox has the most retarded design I've ever seen for a controller. I'm not using that junk. The PS3 controller can work. I've gotten it to work before, however, its not working now.

jAkUp
10-13-09, 01:35 PM
How does it compare to NBA 2K9? Are there any gameplay or graphics improvements that make the new one worth to purchase? Can you post some maxed out screenshots? Thanks in advance!

Personally I think it is way improved over 2K9, however, this year I like Live 10, but unfortunately no PC version :(

Atomizer
10-13-09, 01:37 PM
Are you running 64bit? the drivers made wont work in 64bit vista at all, itll show up in the controllers section properly and appear to be working, but the controller wont work at all.
And prolly never will, because the drivers themselves are fan made as far as I know, Sony, for whatever reason, doesnt support using their controllers on the PC.
I used to use my PS3 controller when I was on 32bit XP, but when I swapped to 64bit vista...yeah, no go, havent tried now that im using 64bit Win7, but I doubt anything would have changed, instead I just bought this PC controller:

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20070910/saitekcyborgrumble_540x683.jpg

But, even though you can set it to be the same layout as the PS3, it uses the same style dpad as the xbox360, and the shape is the same as a 360s controller, so yeah, win and lose at the same time

Tygerwoody
10-13-09, 02:31 PM
I'm using 32 bit vista

ATOJAR
10-13-09, 03:10 PM
Ive got me a wireless 360 for windows controller, Love it ... With games for windows games the controller just works straight off without having to configure buttons.

I own a PS3 & i have the wireless 360 controller ... I can honestly say i much prefer the feel of the 360 controller over the PS3 controller, Even though ive owned a PS1, 2 & now 3 you would think i would be more used to a PS controller but the 360 controller just fits the hand better imo.

Tygerwoody
10-13-09, 03:49 PM
bit the bullet and bought a stupid xbox 360 controller.

I bought NBA 2k10 on PC because it was $20. Now I'm buying a $30 controller with it, which brings it back up to $50, the price of the PS3 version.

I hate my life.

ATOJAR
10-13-09, 04:17 PM
But your getting far superior graphics. ;)

ViN86
10-13-09, 04:38 PM
bit the bullet and bought a stupid xbox 360 controller.

I bought NBA 2k10 on PC because it was $20. Now I'm buying a $30 controller with it, which brings it back up to $50, the price of the PS3 version.

I hate my life.
:lol:

One time investment for the controller though. Plus it works with pretty much every other game on PC.

XDanger
10-13-09, 05:06 PM
I have a PS2 motion controller but the triggers are digital and its wired, although they do make a wireless.

PS3 controller was very random wether it would appear when I tried it.

I think they tell you to only use a mobo usb port, not a pin header or pci card.

mailman2
10-13-09, 05:09 PM
All the ports work perfect with 360 controller. Amazon has them used for like $10. I bought one awhile back, best thing I did ported games work perfect.

Tygerwoody
10-14-09, 09:17 AM
So, there are already trainers out there for NBA 2k10 . Great. There goes any having contests against created characters. Oh well.

The graphics are fantastic. No slow downs at all. Comparing the graphics on the PS3 or Xbox360 to the PC isn't even in the same realm. Everything is razor sharp. The colors are extremely rich and vibrant. The sound in the game is also great. The animations are pretty good for the most part.

The only problem I'm seeing(other than my controller issue) is this gameplay isn't realistic at all. This is my first 2k game I've ever bought. All I have heard is how realistic the gameplay is. Not only is it not good, its not even as good as NBA Live 09. I am knocking down jumpers left and right. If a guy is open for a split second, he's going to make the shot. Field Goal Percentage is entirely too high in this game. Especially on these quick releases without even having good looks. Heck, even my center shoots 3's and makes them! The only time field goal percentage is low is on layups and dunks. I can knock mid and long range jump shots all day, but layups and dunks these NBA players seem to have problems with.

Another problem. I can't import my draft combine player from PS3. I would think they would all be compatible as its just stats that need to transfer. Nope, not here. I start off with a lousy 41 rating on the KNICKS of all teams. Screw that. I'm not even going to waste my time. I had a 1st pick 2nd round draft 56 rating center who averaged 42 points per game 10 rebounds 5 steals and 4 blocks all in draft combine on PS3. I was straight ballin. :afro:

A piece of me wishes I bought the PS3 version, but god its ugly. If the characters aren't zoomed in 1000% , the game really looks bad on PS3/Xbox360 . This game needs high res and AA. Maybe I'm spoiled. Who knows I bought the PC version for $20 on Steam. It runs very good and I'm happy with my purchase.

Q
10-14-09, 09:29 AM
You can always play with the sliders to change the shot percentages. The settings are fairly granular, so you can adjust the realism to your liking.