PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Putt - an addictive online game

pelly
07-29-02, 11:24 AM
http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

A terrible-looking game that will eat-up hours of your free time...As much as I hate the looks, I can't stop playing it! :D

My best so far is a 25 w/ 11 holes in 1.

My boss claims to have shot a 23...insane...

volt
07-29-02, 11:26 AM
Oh yea! I played that one before, lot's of fun. I remember having a similar game on my amiga :)

de><ta
07-29-02, 11:33 AM
pah... i have enough problems with sof2 to be bothered with that... my best 8 hole-in-ones.

now Yahoo's toki toki boom or pool, now that is seriously addictive...:rolleyes:

phew got over it

pelly
07-29-02, 11:37 AM
8 is pretty sweet for your first time out...

What problems are you having with SOFII?
If you start a thread in the "Games" area, I'm sure we'd be able to offer you some help...

de><ta
07-29-02, 12:06 PM
heh, problems with sof2

lets see my biggest problem is my computer
800mhz
1122 mb ddr ram
and <takes a huge breadth> a 8 mb vid card (hitman2 does not even run properly no more... NOOO)

ok i can get the menu screen but that keeps lagging, the actual game (ok gameplay) works fine. I can move etc ok.

I tried starting the game on Soldier of fortune mode, and found it was too friggin hard. I tried it on amateur and found it too be harder than the SOF mode:D

so i went back to sof mode, and i am very painfully proceeding through the game.

I like the random map generator.
Ok ps on this computer i cant get the OICW (weapon) to fire its 20mm grenades. Laser optics work fine etc.

PCarr78
07-29-02, 12:21 PM
Random map generator? Wtf?

pelly
07-29-02, 12:37 PM
The Random Map Generator essentially spits out any number of missions for you on an equally random map which is created. As such, you never deal with the same map or mission...

It's a nice way to keep the game from getting stale...

:D

de><ta
07-29-02, 12:45 PM
yeah i was mucking around with it for ages, it freakin ro><.

The ai is spread across in realy stable places. When u play it at SOF setting the damn enemy hides in the grass or on the mountains with sniper rifles and keeps taking u out.

DaveW
07-29-02, 09:47 PM
Oh yea! I played that one before, lot's of fun. I remember having a similar game on my amiga

Remember Zany Golf?

PCarr78
07-29-02, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by pelly
The Random Map Generator essentially spits out any number of missions for you on an equally random map which is created. As such, you never deal with the same map or mission...

It's a nice way to keep the game from getting stale...

:D

And SOF 2 has this?

And the feature isn't badly implemented?:eek:

volt
07-29-02, 09:57 PM
I dont like the map generator...it still looks very the same ...

de><ta
07-30-02, 09:57 AM
there is an sdk type extension for it which will be out soon which allows u to create random office kinda environment maps.

Now that would rock, at last u can use the mp5sd and the shotgun:D

The buildings in the current maps kinda look the same but the actual terrain is created using the hex code of the seed u type in.

volt
07-30-02, 10:32 AM
oh ya!
I bet there will be a lot of mods for SOF2 when the SDK is released :)

SnakeEyes
07-30-02, 11:59 AM
I made the mistake of playing that game on my home PC while the wife was around, and we ended up having both of us on our PC for over 4 hours, just putt-putting.. :D

The Baron
07-30-02, 02:59 PM
ZANY GOLF! ZANY GOLF!

Remember the Secret Level that you hit the ball into the hole with the two red eyes? ;)

DaveW
08-01-02, 01:34 AM
No, I only remember getting stuck on the one with the teleports.