fighting system
huge amount of character attribute
length

cons:
dated visuals
some fights can be quite challenging, not equally leveled

|MaguS|
10-13-09, 11:38 PM
Nice, I was hoping it would be a decent length.

LordJuanlo
10-14-09, 02:53 AM
Looks like a must buy for me

K007
10-14-09, 04:47 AM
:( at dated graphics???

will be getting it tho. cant wait :D

Abraxus#
10-14-09, 05:03 AM
I don't really care about the two cons so it sounds like a 10/10 for me. I just wish I had the time to play it.

NarcissistZero
10-14-09, 05:15 AM
I watched a 20 minute walkthrough and thought the graphics looked great...

delas52
10-14-09, 10:44 AM
gfx in char creator look nice. game informer gave it a 9.

Odral
10-14-09, 10:52 AM
I wonder what type of system and specs they had running to say the graphics are dated, watched the 20 min video and they looked great to me. This will be a day one purchase for me.

|MaguS|
10-14-09, 11:03 AM
I wonder what type of system and specs they had running to say the graphics are dated, watched the 20 min video and they looked great to me. This will be a day one purchase for me.

It's dated when compared to Crysis... but for an RPG of its style it looks great. They might be people like Janelo who look at walls and trees 1' away.

NarcissistZero
10-14-09, 12:21 PM
It's dated when compared to Crysis... but for an RPG of its style it looks great. They might be people like Janelo who look at walls and trees 1' away.

I remember thinking the walls and floors in FEAR looked amazing, but even then I didn't take a picture of them and act like that was THE reason to play the game.

Graphics matter, the design as much as the tech if not more so, and there is nothing wrong with saying graphics matter. It is the Jonelos and Soets that act like graphics are ALL that matters that are annoying.

Anyway, Dragon Age looks ace.

Odral
10-14-09, 01:33 PM
I' am now wondering if the graphics being outdated are from the console version because there is a difference between the pc and console. Someone else was saying this who has seen screenshots of both so maybe this is a review based of the console version?

Banko
10-14-09, 01:38 PM
I' am now wondering if the graphics being outdated are from the console version because there is a difference between the pc and console. Someone else was saying this who has seen screenshots of both so maybe this is a review based of the console version?
In Eastern Europe the PC dominates consoles so most likely this was a PC review.

nomec
10-14-09, 01:43 PM
I didn't think the graphics from the walkthrough were that great because it wasn't recorded in all that great of quality anyways. The graphics from the character creator didn't look good at all to me, though. Nothing compared to Mass Effect on the UE3 engine.

nekrosoft13
10-14-09, 02:08 PM

In Eastern Europe the PC dominates consoles so most likely this was a PC review.

yes, it was PC version

Abraxus#
10-14-09, 02:15 PM
I didn't think the graphics from the walkthrough were that great because it wasn't recorded in all that great of quality anyways. The graphics from the character creator didn't look good at all to me, though. Nothing compared to Mass Effect on the UE3 engine.

I think this is the key comparison, because for me the facial animations and character models in Dragon Age look much worse than in ME. The environment looks as good or better but character models are way more important to me - they play a big role in how immersive the whole thing feels.

|MaguS|
10-14-09, 04:18 PM
They are going with different art then in Mass Effect and mind you that Dragon Age also has less details because it will have far more characters on screen then Mass Effect ever had.

NarcissistZero
10-14-09, 04:48 PM
Not only that, but as a PC centered game it wants to be played on more computers than just DX10 cards.

Some people say more PC exclusives would mean better graphics, but a lot of the time aiming for a large PC market means making sure the game can run on older hardware even less powerful than a console.

Lfctony
10-14-09, 11:41 PM
Day One purchase. Like all Bioware RPGs... :)

CaptNKILL
10-15-09, 12:23 AM
I'm tempted to preorder the CE from EA because of all the extra crap you get... but I'm still not 100% sold on this game in general.

If I were to buy it I'd be buying it solely based on Bioware's previous games (in particular, KOTOR and Mass Effect). What I've seen of this one so far really hasn't done much for me.

I've looked around a bit but I'm having trouble finding any good quality videos of the gameplay. Anyone know where I can find some?

shilk
10-15-09, 12:55 AM
For me, I've learned to wait at least until the game comes out to see what they've lied about. With Mass Effect, they failed to deliver what they said would be in it. They didn't include all of the "selling points" of the game, and in the end, it was a completely different game. With all of the freakin monkeys they've hired, they can't even produce what they promise any more.

With Dragon Age: Origins, they said that there's going to be these cool spell elements in the game, and that there's going to be this completely new non-linear. In an early trailer where they were showing off the combat with spells, they said you can combine different elements to make a spell that's completely new. Then they showed the combat with the boss at the top of the tower where the melee character was climbing all over it and stabbing it in the eye and stuff.

I just found it kind of hard to believe. We'll see. I'm not completely ragging on Bioware (although it may sound like it), but I'm just taking everything with a grain of tiny, tiny salt.

Going back and looking at the Mass Effect PC trailers and seeing the actual end product just makes me a bit apprehensive about them now. Well, everyone really. I just think lots of companies are failing to deliver what they first set out to make, and the stupid hype just sugar-coats it.

Abraxus#
10-15-09, 04:38 AM
Yeah they always seem to promise a lot but at least by aiming high, when they fall short they still produce awesome games.

I have no doubt the SW:TOR will fail to match with the hype they've built around it but it'll still be really good.

Arioch
10-15-09, 06:17 AM
I hope this game works well with 3D Vision.

NarcissistZero
10-15-09, 07:40 AM
I've looked around a bit but I'm having trouble finding any good quality videos of the gameplay. Anyone know where I can find some?

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragon-age-origins/17-1477/

Great site, they do 20-30 minute long walkthroughs for most new games, which is just as good as a demo in my opinion.

shilk
10-15-09, 12:46 PM
Found the video. :D

MBuhcKKWohk

Different game anyone? I wanted to play THAT game. Not this watered down version of Mass Effect that they released. :(

I know products change from beta to final conception and release, but when you take out the awesome bits that build up the hype of a product and you get the "diet" version in the end, that's just straight out false advertising. I mean, they can't even show real screenshots on the official site. Show me a point in the game where you can actually see Tali standing by the Sleep Pods, and I'll give you a million dollars.

Abraxus#
10-15-09, 01:33 PM
That video is identical to the Mass Effect I played except for menus and the interrupt conversation option.