PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive

Drolfrawd
10-15-09, 02:43 PM
Happy day today, just finished building my new rig, no drivers installed yet. just got a heart beat , will post pics tonight/ tomorrow/ weeeeeeeeeeee :D

Drolfrawd
10-15-09, 05:07 PM
Problems already
I cant get the case/chassis fan to work. Think i damaged it by pluging in wrong pin to it. says in bios N/A . connected now but fan doesn't spin. any help appreciated.
Asus P5Q SE/R

Thanks

betterdan
10-15-09, 05:20 PM
You did hook the power supply up, right? ;)

Redeemed
10-15-09, 05:30 PM
Is it plugged into the wall outlet?

:D

Seriously- could be a bad connector on the mobo, dead fan- any number of issues. Try taking a fan that you *know* works, and use it on the same connector.

Drolfrawd
10-15-09, 05:42 PM
lol . yea but have had two blue screens in the las t half hour ~(vista 64)
test chassis fan header with another small case fan i had lying around, that worked ok.
side panel fan with my new case though is not working.Now can only start in safe mode blue screens shortly after windows desktop

vista ultimate 64 sp2 meh ! :( disappointed

Redeemed
10-15-09, 05:47 PM
Run memtest. To thoroughly test the RAM you could be looking at days. I prefer 8 passes. Test it with all your RAM in. If it'll pass 8 passes with all your RAM then odds are the RAM is fine. Maybe burn an UBCD and run HDTune to check for errors?

Is this a fresh install of Windows?

Drolfrawd
10-16-09, 02:53 PM
Sadly mates , my long awaited new computer is no more!! The mother board is damaged as is the cpu.

What happened was the case panel fan's connector was too short to reach the motherboard so i cut it and joined the wires, whilst seeing if the fan was working ok , a bare wire touched the case and the machne stopped and then restarted. It has blue screened ever since. I tried to reinstall but i cant even load windows.stop error 0x0000000A there are others too.

I have striped the machine down , removed the cpu, there looks like a liitle scorching on it
E8400 45nm , so i gues both the motherboards p5q se/r are damaged beyond repair. I have waited over a year for this and in eagerness to get going i have killed it.

Lesson . dont be a dick. take your time.
I will need to wait several more months before i can get new stuff.

Redeemed
10-16-09, 03:06 PM
Sadly mates , my long awaited new computer is no more!! The mother board is damaged as is the cpu.

What happened was the case panel fan's connector was too short to reach the motherboard so i cut it and joined the wires, whilst seeing if the fan was working ok , a bare wire touched the case and the machne stopped and then restarted. It has blue screened ever since. I tried to reinstall but i cant even load windows.stop error 0x0000000A there are others too.

I have striped the machine down , removed the cpu, there looks like a liitle scorching on it
E8400 45nm , so i gues both the motherboards p5q se/r are damaged beyond repair. I have waited over a year for this and in eagerness to get going i have killed it.

Lesson . dont be a dick. take your time.
I will need to wait several more months before i can get new stuff.

Aw- that's BS! :( :thumbdwn:

I'm sorry to hear that, bro- that really frikkin' sucks. :(

You ordered through an e-tailor, right? Can you send it in for replacement or refund? I mean, what's the return policy? Why not try for a refund, once you get the refund, buy a new mobo + cpu?

Drolfrawd
10-16-09, 03:44 PM
I bought the mother board earlier this year but had not used it, so i dont even remember where i got it. Cant find receipts or anything. might get the cpu swapped out but doubt it.

Drolfrawd
10-17-09, 02:16 PM
Quick update mates. Been in touch with supply comany today , they are going to test cpu and motherboard for me, I think everything else has escaped. I got a new Zotac GTX 260 seems that is ok also.

So I will now have to wait a bit longer for new computer.

bob saget
10-17-09, 03:45 PM
Wow that ****ing sucks :(. hang in there :|

methimpikehoses
10-17-09, 04:02 PM
:headexplode:

Drolfrawd
10-17-09, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys. It's all my own fault but doesn't make it any easier to handle.

Wife in a mood with me too now :(

wysiwyg
10-21-09, 05:04 AM
lol . yea but have had two blue screens in the las t half hour ~(vista 64)
test chassis fan header with another small case fan i had lying around, that worked ok.
side panel fan with my new case though is not working.Now can only start in safe mode blue screens shortly after windows desktop

vista ultimate 64 sp2 meh ! :( disappointed

i have built many pc's and vista 64 sp2 was fine for me also

stick to dell :D

Monolyth
10-21-09, 05:54 AM
Ouch dude, I can totally vouch for the "take your time" thing. Honestly if I see a fan, power cable, or pin out of whack I'll avoid using it if possible.

Another thing that has saved me countless hours of troubleshoot time is to setup your system externally first. Get some clean boots and your OS install done with no errors etc. Then if your stable xfer to your case. That way if anything goes wrong hardware-wise out of the gate you can easily switch parts out. Just don't set it on anything that could short it out, cause it to overheat, or catch something on fire. :P