PDA

View Full Version : Modern warfare 2, Bad news!

ATOJAR
10-18-09, 01:44 PM
Well the squad im in decided to per-order a MW2 server just like we did with MW1, We done this months ago and paid the fee up front ect ... A member of our squad found this!

ok im sure most of you have red about this ,,this has come from our server provider gtx gaming

Hi , as some of you may already know, Infinity Wards community manager (whatever that means) Rob Bowling had a skype conversation with the guys from the bash and slash community on the weekend. And as a result of this conversation revealed that apparently there will be:

No dedicated server for MW2
No in game server browser/server list
No 24/7 servers
VAC secure. NO Punkbuster
IW.NET will deal with all matchmaking

He said that for a clan to get their own game server the admin or member of the clan will have to load up MW2, click create game server, choose settings, ie air-strikes off etc, then host the game on his own PC and internet connection. If Rob is correct and not confused this means no more 32 slot servers, in fact not even 16 man servers can run on any uk home connection.

This could of course all be a PR mistake. We can only hope that 'Rob Bowling' is either, mistaken or has false information, he is not a coder or designer. This could also be an elaborate hoax, and the guy talking might not be who he says he is. Another theory is it could be a publicity stunt to increase chit-chat about the game before its release. We saw this last week with the delayed PC version, Now they are saying there is no delay.

For those that have pre-ordered with GTXGaming, of course you are welcome to a full refund, but as there might a large number of refunds to give out, refunds could take up to 7 days im afriad. You can also have the money added to your billing account as credit, so you could use it to pay for current/future services from GTXGaming. Also you can withdraw your credit as cash to your paypal account in the future. So you wont lose that money. If you want credit or a refund, please open a support ticket, please don't come on live support as it is very busy right now as you can imagine http://www.my.gtxgaming.co.uk

I do ask that you sit on your hands for a while and see what happens, there is a huge uproar on the Infinity Ward forums and every other cod forum going. The PC gamer is not happy. How are clans and community's suppose to react when they are told they cant run their own 24/7 servers. With a bit of luck they will release a statement soon, either saying Rob was mistaken somehow, or that they plan to make a dedicated server in either a patch or a future update.

PS: please sign the petition, There are 23520 Total Signatures so far:- http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw

Thanks for all your understanding.

GTXGaming

I really hope this isn't true.

Mr. Hunt
10-18-09, 01:47 PM
Uhm... it is getting cOLD in here.

I also am seeing some mOLD.

Lol, just messing with you, but seriously, old ;).

ATOJAR
10-18-09, 02:15 PM
Uhm... it is getting cOLD in here.

I also am seeing some mOLD.

Lol, just messing with you, but seriously, old ;).

Lol, Bummer ... So is it true or? ....

NarcissistZero
10-18-09, 02:21 PM
There is another thread about it a few clicks down.

P.S. the game does have dedicated servers.

bob saget
10-18-09, 02:54 PM
There is a thread about this, dude :)

ATi
10-18-09, 02:55 PM
P.S. the game does have dedicated servers. link?

NarcissistZero
10-18-09, 03:10 PM
link?

The podcast everyone has linked to. Public matches on IWNet will be hosted, like Left 4 Dead. Everything else is listening servers.

Albo
10-18-09, 03:15 PM
lol 3rd thread about this.

|MaguS|
10-18-09, 03:16 PM
Hey guys did you hear? MW2 wont have dedicated servers... Im gonna go make a thread about it!

ATi
10-18-09, 03:33 PM
The podcast everyone has linked to. Public matches on IWNet will be hosted, like Left 4 Dead. Everything else is listening servers.

cool i may get it then:o

zampe
10-18-09, 04:54 PM
There is another thread about it a few clicks down.

P.S. the game does have dedicated servers.

Negative
It's all quick matches. You can also do private hosted matches, but it's all auto matching now. So they're removing dedicated servers for CoD4 MW2 now as well like Codemasters with Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern-warfare-matchmaking-service-will-definitely-reshape-pc-community