PDA

View Full Version : DICE responds to IW's decision to not support Ded. Servers

Pages : [1] 2

dikinher
10-18-09, 06:36 PM
http://kotaku.com/5384290/dice-makes-hay-with-dedicated-server-controversy

Such a nice way for IW to give up its fanbase to another competitor.

Logical
10-18-09, 06:38 PM
Saw this earlier...

Can't wait for BFBC2 :)

|MaguS|
10-18-09, 07:28 PM
http://kotaku.com/5384290/dice-makes-hay-with-dedicated-server-controversy

Such a nice way for IW to give up its fanbase to another competitor.

Yes Im sure that Infinity Ward is scared that DICE will take their 10 million plus player base away...

NarcissistZero
10-18-09, 07:32 PM
I have heard nothing but complaints about DICE for years now, but now they will be adored. Funny.

bob saget
10-18-09, 07:36 PM
Saw this earlier...

Can't wait for BFBC2 :)

just saw the BFBC2 trailer. looks interesting. never played any of the battlefield games.

|MaguS|
10-18-09, 07:37 PM
I have heard nothing but complaints about DICE for years now, but now they will be adored. Funny.

Same thing happened with valve when Half-Life 2 released...

dikinher
10-18-09, 07:54 PM
Yes Im sure that Infinity Ward is scared that DICE will take their 10 million plus player base away...

You know damn well that I am talking about the PC fanbase as consoles normally do not get dedicated server support.:nono:

|MaguS|
10-18-09, 08:10 PM
You know damn well that I am talking about the PC fanbase as consoles normally do not get dedicated server support.:nono:

And they still sell better then DICE's games...

S.I.N
10-18-09, 08:21 PM

What are you two, paid shills?:headexplode:

NarcissistZero
10-18-09, 08:45 PM
What are you two, paid shills?:headexplode:

What are you on about? I stated a fact, I have seen nothing from the multiplayer community but complaints about DICE for years now... then they say something like this and suddenly I hear about how DICE "gets it". It's amusing to me, that's all.

Logical
10-18-09, 09:02 PM
I haven't played a Dice game since BF2 which i really enjoyed...Be intersting to see how they take on BFBC2 on the PC....

S.I.N
10-18-09, 09:07 PM
What are you on about? I stated a fact, I have seen nothing from the multiplayer community but complaints about DICE for years now... then they say something like this and suddenly I hear about how DICE "gets it". It's amusing to me, that's all.

You are kind of right because I do think they made BF2 die off way too soon by not fixing certain things but it is encouraging to know DICE wont be taking the same road as MW2 with Bad Company 2 and BF3.

Mr. Hunt
10-18-09, 10:47 PM
Good that they are supporting dedicated servers. Now if only they could make a good game.

|MaguS|
10-18-09, 11:05 PM
You are kind of right because I do think they made BF2 die off way too soon by not fixing certain things but it is encouraging to know DICE wont be taking the same road as MW2 with Bad Company 2 and BF3.

Unless what IW plans does work and EA sees the money that Activision made off it and its paid DLC... then you can expect the same from DICE.

Crow_Nest
10-18-09, 11:14 PM
DICE = <3

nutcrackr
10-19-09, 02:02 AM
BF3 FTMFW

zampe
10-19-09, 02:50 AM
:)

http://myjyd.com/pns/bc2announce.png

Nice one Dice... they know what they are doing.
Developers are idiotic to believe that dedicated servers are not important on PC games, dedicated servers are mandatory for any serious play, building communities and clans.

K007
10-19-09, 03:34 AM
can't wait for bfbc2.

Crow_Nest
10-19-09, 05:04 AM
Ya9eEqEttU0

jiffy
10-19-09, 08:07 AM
Dice has had it's share of problems, but the fact that they are clear on this server issue says something. Dice may have learned that it is not wise to mess up the multiplayer side of the game...you lose money.

And Magus can say all he wants about the PC user being a small percentage, only a few 100k players. Well, I'll gladly put 100k x $60 in my personal bank account.

Burnt_Ram
10-19-09, 08:51 AM
Is IW seriously not going to have dedicated server support for MW2? not even via a patch down the road? Idiots! CoD is all about MP, and that means dedicated servers. WTF are they smokin ...

Crow_Nest
10-19-09, 09:41 AM
The thing is they dont at all seem concerned or overwhelmed by the response. They are still confident that IWNet is going to be a success and improve our overall experience in a long run. Well IW, you better ****ing make sure it is or you'll be forever blacklisted by the entire PC gaming community. Oh wait, you already are...

Yaboze
10-19-09, 10:01 AM
Does it make sense to get the PC version? I was only getting the PC version for the visuals and mouse/kb. But if all my console buddies are online over at XBL, I might as well get that one, since the PC online won't really offer anything above and beyond XBL.

pakotlar
10-19-09, 11:03 AM
Ya9eEqEttU0

That is awesome

NarcissistZero
10-19-09, 11:21 AM
Does it make sense to get the PC version? I was only getting the PC version for the visuals and mouse/kb.

Then how does this affect anything?