PDA

View Full Version : This is puzzling

v3rninater
10-18-09, 09:11 PM
Why do company's make a great game like Red Faction Guerrilla and NOT make an editor, co-op, easy modding!??!?! Seriously, I know they push the DLC stuff only for consoles to make money, understandable, but cmon!

Couldn't they make things easier for people to enjoy the game, I'll bet word of mouth would then make more people buy the game then just normal.

NarcissistZero
10-18-09, 09:13 PM
I think console DLC (and PC DLC now) has a lot to do with it, but I think another big factor is these companies want you to play the game as they intend it... they want you to play it their way.

wysiwyg
10-19-09, 05:19 AM
more importantly why didnt they test 5.1 before release

v3rninater
10-19-09, 10:33 AM
My point is, that it's all based on greed that people don't do things, it's too much manpower and money for these companies to do everything that would be wanted in this game. I don't see an issue with them charging for a map editor or dlc for all platforms. But man, they at least need to listen to their fanbase as apposed to just denying them any voice in the matter.

HiCZoK4
10-19-09, 05:28 PM
More important why its looking and working like sgit with my sig. Which is to say the truth a good machine:D

nekrosoft13
10-19-09, 05:32 PM
I think console DLC (and PC DLC now) has a lot to do with it, but I think another big factor is these companies want you to play the game as they intend it... they want you to play it their way.

another big reason, they want the game to end. if new content is constantly made for the game, customers might keep playing it and not bother with new games

nekrosoft13
10-19-09, 05:34 PM
more importantly why didnt they test 5.1 before release

patch is done, was submitted to MS LIVE team on the 12th, now those idiots at LIVE time have to authorize it.

so probably another month or so

jiffy
10-19-09, 06:04 PM
Wasn't Counter Strike originally a mod?

Wasn't Red Orchestra a mod for UT?

Desert Combat a great mod to begin with?

Without mods there wouldn't be some great games as we know them. I guess developers forget these huge accomplishments in their grab for more money.

v3rninater
10-19-09, 08:58 PM
Good point Jiffy, that shows my point as well, plus if you look at Sins of a Solar Empire, that is how you make episodic/DLC-type content. Well, they are "expansions" but it does further proove my point.