PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2 for PC

Tygerwoody
10-19-09, 07:18 AM
Great Game. IMO, MUCH better than Gran Theft Auto 4. Graphics aren't as nice. Voice acting isn't as good, but man. The funfactor is through the roof. Amazing game.

I am having a problem on the game though. I can't figure out how to heal. If you press Q, you can see your items to heal yourself with, but I don't know how to select them. If someone could show me the actual keys you hit on the keyboard to heal, i would appreciate it. And before someone says "stand still", in certain mission modes, you must heal via items. Example, in "Fight Club" .

Thanks.

|MaguS|
10-19-09, 07:23 AM
RTFM

:p

Tygerwoody
10-19-09, 07:41 AM
RTFM

:p
Let me pull out the manual out of my steam account....

Seriously. Look online. Its nowhere. I can't find anywhere at all that shows how to heal with keyboard. I do know if you use a controller for the game, you can heal by using the analog D pad, but I am not using a controller.

agentkay
10-19-09, 07:50 AM
It certainly was far more hilarious than GTA4. I made an "Arnold-look-a-like" character and it was probably the most hilarious gaming experience that I ever had. :rofl

NarcissistZero
10-19-09, 08:58 AM
Manual is online, same as all Steam games: http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/9480/SaintsRow2_PC_English.pdf?t=1254347047

I found SR2 to be a lot worse than GTA4, which was a masterpiece, but... opinions differ.

Tygerwoody
10-19-09, 09:32 AM
i dont see in the manual where it says how to heal.

NarcissistZero
10-19-09, 11:24 AM
Probably because you recharge health.

Destroy
10-19-09, 02:23 PM
Great game, liked the whole 3/4hr I played till I shelved it due to the horrible hitching during fast driving that pretty much take 80% of the fun out of the game for me.

Tygerwoody
10-19-09, 03:49 PM
Great game, liked the whole 3/4hr I played till I shelved it due to the horrible hitching during fast driving that pretty much take 80% of the fun out of the game for me.

No hitching for me.

BTW. I'm going to keep bumping this post until someone shows me how to heal. (nana2)

Honestly, this thread is probably sticky worthy. Moderators. Make it so.

Tygerwoody
10-19-09, 03:50 PM
Probably because you recharge health.

You don't recharge in certain missions. :headexplode:

agentkay
10-19-09, 03:55 PM
I don't remember it exactly but after you pickup and select food or drink item, you either press the "fire" button or the "use" button (E or F)??

crainger
10-20-09, 01:51 AM
Yeah, you buy fast food or pick it up and eat it. There is a food menu, food heals, drugs reduce damage taken. Other than that, hiding for a few moments starts your health to regen. You can also do bonus missions to speed this up, so maybe do that first, or do some missions to unlock better weapons and make things easier that way.

Tygerwoody
10-20-09, 08:23 AM
I don't remember it exactly but after you pickup and select food or drink item, you either press the "fire" button or the "use" button (E or F)??

My problem is I can't "select" them. I see them in my inventory, but there is no way to select the food with a keyboard/mouse. The game is meant for a controller. If I was using a controller instead of keyboard/mouse there would be no problem.

agentkay
10-20-09, 08:37 AM
You can select items (or weapons) with the mousewheel and "scroll" through the list, or you bring up the "radial menu" (Q key ?) and then select it with a direction key (arrow key). Sorry man, I'm picking my brain here, I haven't played the game in months but I did play it with KB+M and had no issues with weapon and item selection. If all fails, check out the options/controls menu, IIRC all keybindings were there, and it even had discrete modes for joypad or KB+M.

I wish Reactor Zero had done the SR2 port, imo they have done a better job with Red Faction Guerilla than CDProject with SR2. I don't even mind that the game is not "streaming data" all that well but rather the strange color palette. I've had to change the color and brightness values in Windows and the ones on my display as well to get an acceptable result.

EciDemon
10-20-09, 08:43 AM
Hold Q and press up down left or right arrow keys to eat.

Tygerwoody
10-20-09, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. I won't be able to check until tonight, but that sounds like a very logical solution.