PDA

View Full Version : PNY Verto FX5900 128mb Specs!

cwalker
06-27-03, 07:34 PM
I just called PNY to double check the specs on the 5900 128mb card. The Website as of right now shows:

450 mhz Core clock
850 mhz Memory

The Tech Department pulled the spec sheet and verified that the CORE CLOCK is only 400. Corrrect Specs:

400 mhz Core Clock
850 mhz Memory

I still think this is a great card, but I did see a few people posting the incorrect Core Clock from the PNY website. PNY is supposed to change the website ASAP.

surfhurleydude
06-27-03, 09:08 PM
I'm more interested in what type of cooling device the PNY FX 5900 series will use... Despite what everyone thought, they didn't use reference cooling for ANY of the previous GeForce FX cards so I wouldn't think they'd start here....but then again, they could....

gokickrocks
06-28-03, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by surfhurleydude
Despite what everyone thought, they didn't use reference cooling for ANY of the previous GeForce FX cards so I wouldn't think they'd start here....

actually they did...they used the reference cooler on the pny fx5800 ultra that i had awhile back

surfhurleydude
06-28-03, 08:41 AM
actually they did...they used the reference cooler on the pny fx5800 ultra that i had awhile back

The FX 5800 doesn't count as it wasn't even really in mass production...

gokickrocks
06-28-03, 01:26 PM
well...you said ANY previous gf fx

ricercar
06-28-03, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by surfhurleydude
The FX 5800 doesn't count as it wasn't even really in mass production...

100,000 units isn't mass production? WTF is mass production then?

Uttar
06-28-03, 04:16 PM
Well... half of the 100,000 produced NV30s were Quadro FXs ( that's official info, BTW - nVidia stated it at a conference in Russia IIRC, was reported at digit-life )
And I'd guess at least half of the produced GeForce FXs were Regulars.
Conclusion, it's more like 25,000 :)

But even then, you're fricking right to say that's mass production! :)
To put it in another way, they've produced 3750000000000 transistors :D

Uttar

bkswaney
06-28-03, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Uttar
Well... half of the 100,000 produced NV30s were Quadro FXs ( that's official info, BTW - nVidia stated it at a conference in Russia IIRC, was reported at digit-life )

Uttar

I wonder how many of those were Ultra's?
I bet not many. The ultra's were very hard to find.
I think it boils down to how many flowfx's did they produce. ;)

Templar
06-29-03, 08:31 AM
These MHz ratings are a new patent technology from Nvidia. It's basically called "optimized" MHz. They say NV techs discovered this technology in a downed UFO that crash landed near their HQ.

Rumors say Nvidia will soon patent a new driver design based on the "optimized" MHz alien technology. They will soon release a new ununified driver set based on this new technology, codenamed "SpacedOut FX". These new drivers are to apeace all fanboys that are thinking about becoming "unfaithful" to their master Nvidia. It works by blurring out images which you can not see any way (according to Nvidia's Alien Civilization PR spokesperson) so that the game and especially the Dawn demo will run so fast that your brain goes into a so called "psyched Darkhole Altered EGO state" in which the fanboy will believe he has the best drivers and best hardware no matter what evidence is presented to him and even if the product will totally malfunction.

Nvidia is currently developing more products based on their UFO Alien technology and will soon release special FX lollypops which will only taste sweet if you have one of their "optimized" products.
Nvidia's Alien Civilization spokesperson PR had this comment on the lollypops, "The lollypop contains a special "optimized" mix of sweets so that even if the subject (aka fanboy) is thinking about becoming unfaithful to his master when exposed to superior products from our competitors the subject (aka fanboy) will not be able to resist the taste of the "optimized" sweets in the lollypop and will remain faithful to his master.

For more information about Nvidia's upcoming "optimized" range of products check out www.leetHaxorzRunningDaBestVidCardYoMoma.com

---------------

Simon

surfhurleydude
06-29-03, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Uttar

Uttar

So, 25,000 GeForce FX's 5800s Ultras, divided by HOW MANY manufacturers? OK then... We're looking AT LEAST less than 5,000 by PNY. You consider that mass production??? PNY probably won't even be able to make any profits from it!