PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 = Steam + Games for Windows LIVE, how to combine?

LydianKnight
10-20-09, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I've recently purchased Fallout 3 from the Steam platform, but I noticed the DLCs for Fallout 3 are only available through Games for Windows LIVE and I was wondering...

How can I play the DLCs if the Fallout main files are within Steam folders and Games for Windows LIVE main files resides in another completely different directory?

Would appreciate any hint, want to purchase the DLCs but I'm unsure about how to 'combine' them.

Thanks in advance,
Julio

|MaguS|
10-20-09, 12:12 PM
You don't need to do anything. The game detects the DLC just fine.

NarcissistZero
10-20-09, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it all works out.

You can move the DLC to your normal data folder too, if you prefer to play without GFWL.

nekrosoft13
10-20-09, 12:39 PM
did they fix the "other drive" bug?

crainger
10-20-09, 01:45 PM
Probably not, but only you keep your DLC on a separate drive to the game itself...

nekrosoft13
10-20-09, 02:56 PM
Probably not, but only you keep your DLC on a separate drive to the game itself...

you got things backwards

LydianKnight
10-20-09, 03:02 PM
What do you mean with 'other drive'?

I just have a C: drive with no partitioning at all, and an external drive for my personal data (videos, movies, docs, etc.)... do I need a second partition? :zombie:

NarcissistZero
10-20-09, 03:27 PM
No, it works fine for people who game on the same HDD they have their OS on and such.

Nekro just means the default install for the DLC is C: and if you have Fallout 3 somewhere else you need to move it.

Kaguya
10-20-09, 04:02 PM
did they fix the "other drive" bug?

Yep, they fixed this bug.

I originally had Operation Anchorage and The Pitt copied directly into the Fallout folder but I was able to delete these and the other three I never copied across, and they all activated perfectly fine.

LydianKnight
10-20-09, 04:22 PM
Great, Thanks for the info ^_^

crainger
10-21-09, 02:03 AM
you got things backwards

I know ::jumping::