PDA

View Full Version : What is a good surround Sound head set ????

muelo1000
10-21-09, 06:15 PM
What is a good "True surround sound" head set for gaming ???

Sazar
10-21-09, 06:56 PM
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efhpa2/home.aspx

I've had that for almost a year. The in-line remote has adjustments for each channel individually, which is pretty awesome.

Spatial reproduction is pretty awesome.

muelo1000
10-21-09, 07:18 PM
sweet i was actually looking at those lol

Monolyth
10-22-09, 01:57 AM
Headphone recommendations are highly subjective, to this day my best pair of gaming headphones ever were I think Koss $20 dollar cans from Best Buy. I had them for years till they finally gave out.

After trying out the multi-channel "surround" headphones I found the sound quality to be lacking, and the positioning to not really be all that much of a help in my gaming. Thus I've stuck with simple stereo cans since then. I also hated having to deal with the mess of wires they stuck you with.

But really you've gotta listen and try them yourself for awhile to really get an idea if you like them or not.

Right now I'm on Sennheiser HD650 cans. I was sporting some AKG702s but the left driver started going out.

LordJuanlo
10-22-09, 03:01 AM
I have tried a couple of surround headphones, #1 for me have been the Razer Barracuda HP-1, but they are not perfect. Rear speakers are smaller than front speakers, so when a sound passed from front to rear, you could tell the difference. And they are bulky.

I have ended using a pair of exceptionally good stereo earphones (Westone 3) with Dolby Headphone mode on my Asus Xonar card, and for me, it's much better than any true 5.1 headphones I have tried so far. Sound is consistent between front and rear channels, and the 3D effect is incredible.

Toss3
10-22-09, 04:50 AM
The Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 (http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=923676&source=froogle) are the best I've tried, but their sound quality is still a far far far cry from a pair of decent headphones' like the sennheiser 650s or similar.

a12ctic
10-22-09, 07:38 AM
You're probably better off getting a nice pair of stereo headphones. 5.1 headphones are silly and their sound quality blows. You wouldn't even want to listen to music out of them. The added clarity and sound quality you'd get out of a stereo set would be way better, then you could use them for gaming and listening to music.