PDA

View Full Version : Dell Adamo XPS

Sazar
10-22-09, 12:36 PM
I just fell in love with a notebook after a long time.

I was at the launch event where a number of products, including the top of the line Alienware items were displayed but the tiny little XPS notebook was what got me :eek:

No details on specs, outside of a C2D ULV proc. It felt snappy enough when zipping around on the desktop and launching apps/IE8 and what not.

But, what REALLY got me was how incredibly thin this thing is :D

Light, sturdy (no flex when lifting by just the keyboard) and it couldn't have weighed more than 2lbs. The screen seemed to be a 12-13" screen and to open, there is no button of pulling of the screen or anything. Swipe the little sensor thingy, it makes a little click and the screen pops open a little and then you just pull it open :)

A lot of people at the event commented on the weird look from the side of how it sat open, but in my usage, the angle of the screen and the keyboard was perfectly ergonomic.

Since it is so light, even if you have it on your lap, it won't feel heavy or awkward (I tried it sitting down :D ) and the space created by the wedge shape/hinge process will allow for better air-flow and won't warm your lap.

http://dvice.com/assets_c/2009/10/Adamo1-thumb-550x482-26033.jpg

I'm going to wait till this is in the outlet store and then grab me one :D

Can't hardly wait.

Starscream
10-22-09, 12:48 PM
But, what REALLY got me was how incredibly thing this thing is :D

It sure is thing.

Sazar
10-22-09, 12:52 PM
It sure is thing.

Fixed :o

nekrosoft13
10-22-09, 01:05 PM
wait, so this thing still is not for sale? they been talking about this laptop for what? a year now?

Sazar
10-22-09, 01:16 PM
wait, so this thing still is not for sale? they been talking about this laptop for what? a year now?

If by 09.09.09 you mean a year than yes, they have indeed been talking about it for a year :bleh:

The previous Adamo notebook has been on sale for a while, it was refreshed with a faster proc and stuff about a week back.

This is a new, thinner, lighter version and, dare I say, sexier version :D

I want it.

hokeyplyr48
10-24-09, 07:53 AM
Is there an expected release date for this one?

Sazar
10-24-09, 10:19 AM
I am not sure. I am hoping before the end of the year, but let's see :)

A 1.5lb notebook, I can live with that.