PDA

View Full Version : Scalling/Resolution Probelm with GeForce 9600M GT

gongSHOW
10-23-09, 12:55 AM
So I recently installed Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit on my laptop that has a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (previously had Vista Home Premium 64-Bit).I downloaded the newest driver off the Nvidia website (186.81) and it installed perfectly. The problem I am having is that when I hook up my computer to my Television (have tried both HDMI and VGA) it doesn't scale properly and I loose portions of all four corners of the screen.

I performed a search and found that people mentioned to go to the Nvidia control panel and change the scaling options for the TV, but when I go to scaling options (picture below) it doesn't list the television. I've also tried saving a custom resolution but that did not work either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Qbert
10-23-09, 06:44 PM
So I recently installed Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit on my laptop that has a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (previously had Vista Home Premium 64-Bit).I downloaded the newest driver off the Nvidia website (186.81) and it installed perfectly. The problem I am having is that when I hook up my computer to my Television (have tried both HDMI and VGA) it doesn't scale properly and I loose portions of all four corners of the screen.

I performed a search and found that people mentioned to go to the Nvidia control panel and change the scaling options for the TV, but when I go to scaling options (picture below) it doesn't list the television. I've also tried saving a custom resolution but that did not work either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hey there,

It would help if you list what kind of TV you are hooking into as the problem may reside on that side.

If you dont get the response you need here, I found the AVS forums to be very helpful when I setup my Plasma HDTV, scroll down and find the sub forum/threads relating to your HDTV/situation and hopefully you will find others who have solved your problem.

Here you go (AVS Forums): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Good luck and report back on how it went!

gongSHOW
10-25-09, 10:03 PM
Hey there,

It would help if you list what kind of TV you are hooking into as the problem may reside on that side.

If you dont get the response you need here, I found the AVS forums to be very helpful when I setup my Plasma HDTV, scroll down and find the sub forum/threads relating to your HDTV/situation and hopefully you will find others who have solved your problem.

Here you go (AVS Forums): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Good luck and report back on how it went!

The television is an Acer AT3220A, I tried my friend's computer (just has a Intel Accelerator card) and it worked fine. I was looking at his resolution and it is listed as 1366x768, where as when I try it doesn't offer me that resolution but the closest is 1280x720. I tried in the Nvidia control panel to use a custom resolution but it when I try to Test it it says custom test failed.