PDA

View Full Version : Sorta hardware related ....

Lazaredz
10-24-09, 02:59 AM
It occurred to me the other day that between my mice, keyboards, wii remotes and wii fit board plus various TV, DVD, etc remotes ..... I use a HELL of alot of AA batteries.

I'd like to get a good rechargable system going on. Something that likes hold 8 AA at at time (or 6 ... whatever) and then get around 12-16 rechargables to rotate through.

ANYWHO ... I have NO idea whats good or where to get them. IS there a differance between the Energizers and the brand X batteries at the Batteries R Us store? Is there a decent place to order online?

I know ..... werid question ... and it will cost a bit at startup ... but I think its worth it. Both in long run savings and doing my bit to kill the earth less. ;)

Thx in advance.

Spyke
10-24-09, 03:04 AM
Sanyo Eneloop's.

/thread

Your devices use such little power that you wouldn't dare use regular NiMH batteries.
Low self discharge batteries such as Eneloop's are very practical and also come charged out of the pack.

Tip: If you can't find Eneloop's near you, other than ordering them online, you can also find their rebadged versions.
Look for Duracell precharged rechargables and make sure that they are MADE IN JAPAN.
The ones that are made in China are made by Rayovac and are inferior to Eneloop batteries.

Finally, any charger thats designed to charge NiMH batteries are compatible with Eneloop's.

As well as some places locally like Costco, Eneloop's can be found on numerous popular computer hardware store sites as well.
Often they can be found on sale. Good luck.

Lazaredz
10-24-09, 03:15 AM
Sanyo Eneloop's.

/thread

Your devices use such little power that you wouldn't dare use regular NiMH batteries.
Low self discharge batteries such as Eneloop's are very practical and also come charged out of the pack.

Tip: If you can't find Eneloop's near you, other than ordering them online, you can also find their rebadged versions.
Look for Duracell precharged rechargables and make sure that they are MADE IN JAPAN.
The ones that are made in China are made by Rayovac and are inferior to Eneloop batteries.

Finally, any charger thats designed to charge NiMH batteries are compatible with Eneloop's.

As well as some places locally like Costco, Eneloop's can be found on numerous popular computer hardware store sites as well.
Often they can be found on sale. Good luck.

But ..... but what If I overclock them!?!?!?!?!??!???!?

autobot
10-24-09, 12:41 PM
I too can attest to the Sanyo Eneloops. They are downright the best rechargable AA and AAA batteries out there. I use them in everything that takes AA's and AAA's. I use my Canon S3is constantly and with these Eneloops I end out having to change the batteries only once per week versus almost every other day with Duracel Alkalines or Energizer rechargables. They also have a killer shelf life, charge them up and they will keep their power for months. Costco normally has a huge pack of Eneloops on sale, check them out! :)